Offered to take over a Studio
New Reply
Subscribe
MrTinkle
11th March 2012
Old 11th March 2012
Gear nut

Offered to take over a Studio

Well, most of my work is done from a very sensual converted room. But I do use a private high end facility from time to time as a monkey boy for mixing tracked sessions.

Recently our local "rivals" (whom run a fairly nice set up) have offered me the job to take over their studio as the big cheese. Happy days!
13th March 2012
Old 13th March 2012
Lives for gear

That's great news, which studio? I guess it's possible to "move across town" to your "bitter rivals" in music too Best of luck!
13th March 2012
Old 13th March 2012
Gear nut

It's called Inspire Studio. Needs a little TLC but it's great for me because it saves me travelling to a private studio just for the sake of using their live room to track bands.

We're all quite keen on helping each other out too sharing work as it is fairly quiet atm and if we want to get through this bad patch I think it's a good idea some studios merge.

Although the set up isn't as high spec as the place I go to track, it's got great potential and we're in a good spot here in the Midlands, there's no big studios near us and a stones throw away from the motorway. Closet studio to us is Birmingham called Robannas Studio.
13th March 2012
Old 13th March 2012
Lives for gear

Oh yes, Robannas, I know it from rehearsing with a mate in Birmingham a while back. Oxygen Rooms is a great place in that area.
MrTinkle
13th March 2012
Old 13th March 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat Poet View Post
Oh yes, Robannas, I know it from rehearsing with a mate in Birmingham a while back. Oxygen Rooms is a great place in that area.
I originally thought it was a club, never seen so much pink neon lighting in all my life! The place is more like a beacon than a building.

I've heard about Oxygen Rooms, not had a chance to see it in the flesh. There's quite a few good studio's in Brum. The other nearest one to use is called Neon Sound Studios in Burntwood which is a nice place, used to do a few rehearsals there.
14th March 2012
Old 14th March 2012
Lives for gear

Yeah I don't know what happened to Robannas, I went there for the first time in 2007 and thought the rehearsal facilities were pretty basic, then I went back the following year and they had all the pink strip lights in place. What the hell is all that about?!

Oxygen is good, they have a room there that's the best I've ever rehearsed in, though I think they only use it as a recording room now. Hockley Street is OK, about a 100 yards away.
21st March 2012
Old 21st March 2012
www.circlestudios.co.uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTinkle View Post
there's no big studios near us and a stones throw away from the motorway. Closet studio to us is Birmingham called Robannas Studio.
mmm... not entirely right: Circle Studios, Birmingham, England

MrTinkle
21st March 2012
Old 21st March 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev@Circle View Post
mmm... not entirely right: Circle Studios, Birmingham, England

Plunging your own studio... Shame on you! Looks like a very nice set up, surprised I've not heard about it before. How long's the studio been going?
22nd March 2012
Old 22nd March 2012
Lives for gear

Hockley seems to be rehearsal/studio central!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search