A Designs Has The Best Service Ever
New Reply
Subscribe
Empire Prod
23rd August 2011
Old 23rd August 2011
Lives for gear

A Designs Has The Best Service Ever

A Designs Rocks! So I am slammed doing 3 records right now and trying to keep my head above water when in the middle of tracking bass for one of the records my A Designs REDDI direct box starts having some level problems (this happened on Thurs night aprox 2am). Normally this would not be the end of the world as I do have many other DI's at the studio, but to be honest the REDDI is the first DI that has ever sounded good to me so this was kind of a big deal to me considering the importance of this record. Well to make a long story short I shot an email to A Design via their website asking them to call me ASAP day or night. I was amazed to receive a phone a few hours later from the owner Peter. He not only gave me trouble shooting tips but also offered to have me come up to his house on a Saturday to service my REDDI which being 6-7 yrs old is of course waaaaaay past warranty! After swapping out the tube and giving the unit a good cleaning and visual check the unit continued having problems and so my girlfriend and I hopped in the truck and made the drive down from Orange County up to Peters house. Peter could not have been a nicer guy. He did some testing and sadly the problem was not an easy fix (which was bad news for me). It seems that the main audio transformer had likely blown and/or a possible power transformer issue. Hearing this news my heart immediately dropped to the floor. I started thinking about all the tracks on these records that were in mid tracking and had the REDDI footprint all over them. Well check this out! Peter says that he wants to help me out and he swaps out my 6-7 year old broken REDDI with a brand spanking new unit! I am completely blown away. This is beyond amazing customer service! Thank you Peter. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
23rd August 2011
Old 23rd August 2011
Lives for gear

Hells yeah! I already loved all the A designs products. Good reason to get involved

www.BeauMckeeRecordings.com
23rd August 2011
Old 23rd August 2011
Gear addict

That's amazing!
Peter Montessi is a fantastic guy, he's been very helpful to me in the past as well. And REDDIs do sound beautiful don't they? Mine gets constant use on Rhodes, basses, guitars...
www.myspace.com/misterandsunbird
23rd August 2011
Old 23rd August 2011
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

I had problems with a BAC 500 and he was great to deal with via email
23rd August 2011
Old 23rd August 2011
Lives for gear

Peter is a great guy!!
23rd August 2011
Old 23rd August 2011
Lives for gear

That's great! I do love good service - definitely makes you go back to them again

'This is the kind of pedantic nonsense up with which I will not put!' Winston Churchill
23rd August 2011
Old 23rd August 2011
Gear addict

I too have had freak'in amazing service from A Designs , just saying .
23rd August 2011
Old 23rd August 2011
Lives for gear

Is that Peter Montessi? Yeah, I've heard he's a great guy who makes world class gear.
23rd August 2011
Old 23rd August 2011
Jai guru deva om

If having the people who make your gear stand up and pay attention when you need them means anything...then the whole world should own A-Designs.

Pete rules.

War

23rd August 2011
Old 23rd August 2011
Gear interested

a designs

Peter Montessi is indeed a nice guy, very knowledgable and helpful.
A Design's gear is so good it'll give you an erection regardless of your gender.
They make more than just the Pacifica by the way. MP2A...... can I get a witness?!!
Baz
23rd August 2011
Old 23rd August 2011
Baz
Lives for gear

Great story . Great job A-Designs
23rd August 2011
Old 23rd August 2011
Lives for gear

100% concur. Pete is awesome
23rd August 2011
Old 23rd August 2011

I guess Peter hand delivering nearly ever A Design piece I've ever bought and coming by or sending a runner if I need some product support ain't to bad. Could be better, every a design piece could include a hug...lol Oh yeah he usually hugs me.
23rd August 2011
Old 23rd August 2011
Lives for gear

I spoke with Peter last week because he had helped me regarding my MP2A. I told him I think it's one of the best preamps ever built.

Recently, I changed the tubes to a Sovtek/Tung-Sol blend and love the way it sounds.

A-Designs

-SD

...My 57 is only a few years old, but I'd like to think that someday my children can pass it down to their children.
Killahurts

...I would much rather tweak a moog than that thing bro...
MYAMS
23rd August 2011
Old 23rd August 2011
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Stories like this are an every day occurrence with A Designs. Their customer service, attention to detail, and ability to maintain great customer relationships are status quo for everyone involved with the company. Top it off with some of the best products in the industry and it makes you wish that every manufacturer would model themselves after A Designs.

It's very rare that an A Designs product has an issue but when it does you can rest assured that they will take care of it to the best of their ability, as quickly as possible.

It also doesn't hurt that Peter and Lisa are two of the kindest and most generous people you could ever hope to meet.
High End Pro Audio Sales & Consulting
Recording/Music Production/Mixing

http://www.audiolot.com

Follow AudioLot on Facebook for AudioLot's BIG DEAL Gear Specials, Morning Mix Tips, and more by clicking here
23rd August 2011
Old 23rd August 2011
x86 Moderator

My Recordings/Credits

Send a message via Skype™ to George Necola
A++ designs.

Peter is the king of support.

thank you for your great products (em-eq2 user here)
---------------------------------------------
www.georgenecola.com produce & mix itm/gear & fun

blog.georgenecola.com reviews & gear
15th March 2013
Old 15th March 2013
Gear interested

i just had an experience very similar to the OPs.

my REDDI was humming a little bit when i used the thru jack. i bought it used via craigslist so i know that technically i was void of any warrantee but i reached out to peter because he has such a great rep for customer service. he called me immediately. i gave him my serial number and after chatting with him it turned out my unit was a very early one that had been aftermarket modded for a thru jack and shouldn't have had one. he asked me to send him the unit.

after burning it in and testing it he found a bad tube and fixed the problem but didn't like my unit being an aftermarket mod that doesn't truly represent his products aesthetic. he sent me a brand new unit and i paid shipping.

what a good dude. stellar service. i also love his message about trying to be as green as possible.

this has clinched it for me, i will now be purchasing a pacifica as my next big gear acquisition. why not own another great sounding piece of gear designed by someone who has integrity and stands by his products?
18th March 2013
Old 18th March 2013
Gear Head

+1 thumbsup for Peter.
Went out of his way to help me with a used Hammer EQ, it had come from Europe and needed the voltage changed. My favorite piece of gear.
Now I'm saving up to buy a reddi and another pre from him new.
A Designs= class act.
18th March 2013
Old 18th March 2013
Lives for gear

I emailed A-Designs from the UK and it must have been about 8am in the morning U.S time. Thought I would hear back in a few days or maybe a week. Peter emailed me back within 1 Hour!!! I went back and forth with questions and he was there, on the case. Really polite too. When the next purchase need came up, I went back to A-Designs!!

Sent from my HTC Desire
18th March 2013
Old 18th March 2013
Gear maniac

I have a Hammer that I absolutely love and use all the time! Peter recently serviced it for me with a super fast turn around and great personal service! You don't get this kind of service from many companies these days.

www.mixprodigy.com
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search