New Reply
Subscribe
Squish
28th March 2009
Old 28th March 2009
Gear addict

Working for a good cause

Hi all,
I know nobody knows me here, but I'm so honored and excited I had to post.
I did a project for a friend, it was restoring and mastering a piano recital from a cassette tape recorded 14 years ago of his brother playing a lot of classical pieces.
It was a lot of fun to do and really didn't want to charge him but he insisted that he paid something. So we agreed on a price and I spent about three days on 120 minutes of music.
My friend called me today and said that not only was his brother impressed, but that it turned out so well, they want to sell it to raise money for the cancer centers that he works for. Man, I can't think of anything better to be a part of...forget the pay... my work is going to help cancer victims!! Wow! That makes me feel so good about what I did.
31st March 2009
Old 31st March 2009
Kills for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish View Post
Hi all,
I know nobody knows me here, but I'm so honored and excited I had to post.
I did a project for a friend, it was restoring and mastering a piano recital from a cassette tape recorded 14 years ago of his brother playing a lot of classical pieces.
It was a lot of fun to do and really didn't want to charge him but he insisted that he paid something. So we agreed on a price and I spent about three days on 120 minutes of music.
My friend called me today and said that not only was his brother impressed, but that it turned out so well, they want to sell it to raise money for the cancer centers that he works for. Man, I can't think of anything better to be a part of...forget the pay... my work is going to help cancer victims!! Wow! That makes me feel so good about what I did.
It feels good to get it out there! Music should make a difference.
6th April 2009
Old 6th April 2009
Jax
Lives for gear

A rather awesome story! Thank you for sharing. It's the type of thing I have in the back of my mind that I'd like to do someday - provide something valuable to the community instead of just looking out for myself. If I ever get financially sorted enough, I'll do something. Thanks for the nudge in that direction!
Squish
15th April 2009
Old 15th April 2009
Gear addict

thumbsup
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search