Blocked Ear when pressure is applied on cheek bone
New Reply
Subscribe
UGG_boot
8th August 2008
Old 8th August 2008
Gear interested

Blocked Ear when pressure is applied on cheek bone

I have this problem when I lay on my left side and pressure is under my cheek, my left ear blocks and stays that way for a long time, If I massage the ear and cheekbone it seems to unblock a little but not completley...This can't possibly be water? Surely it wouldn't come and go like that?
15th August 2008
Old 15th August 2008
Gear nut

It's difficult enough diagnosing audio concerns on this forum, let alone medical diagnosis. My suggestion: Get to a medical doctor and have him/her take a look at your ear. If you take advice from anyone on this forum (as I have many times) you'll likely end up buying more gear, while your ear problem remains ! lol

Nuendo 3.2.2, Powerbook G4, Dual 450 PowerPc G4 (I know), Tascam DVRA1000HD, Aurora 16, FF800, Antelope Isochrone OCX, K+H P110

Avatar Sketched by Steve Remote @http://www.gearslutz.com/board/remot...obile-rig.html
16th August 2008
Old 16th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGG_boot View Post
I have this problem when I lay on my left side and pressure is under my cheek, my left ear blocks and stays that way for a long time, If I massage the ear and cheekbone it seems to unblock a little but not completley...This can't possibly be water? Surely it wouldn't come and go like that?
Sounds similar to something I battle maybe once a year.
It could be mucus in your eustation tube.
Antibiotics, sudafed and nasal steroids all at once for about a week seems to be the only way to clear it for me.
YMMV.
19th August 2008
Old 19th August 2008
Gear Head

Send a message via Yahoo to ivankilowatt
Same problem in past

I've experiened a similar, or same problem in years past.
>>>SOUDED LIKE I WAS IN AN 130+DB TECHNO CLUB THE PREVIOUS NIGHT!!!<<<
Mine was simply the aural canal being piched closed by the weight of my bulbus head. The ''ear wax'' would keep the canal closed until I would pull straight down while touching just below the outer ear.
The going phrase is ''do not put anything smaller than your elbow in your ear''.
It seems keeping it dry, and perspiration free always helped. However I have not experienced the problem, in about two years. It happened several years before, and only ever lasted, no more than a couple weeks at a time.
20th August 2008
Old 20th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGG_boot View Post
See an audiologist or ENT doctor. Whatever you do, don't do one of those ear candle things. They don't do anything positive for you and potentially could create problems (cf ear and elbow).

Edwin
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search