Thank You 500 series manufacturers!!
New Reply
Subscribe
h-man
19th June 2007
Old 19th June 2007
Gear nut

Thank You 500 series manufacturers!!

For those of you thinking of taking the lunch box plunge and wanting to get into the high pre's, this is a no brainer. I too, in the beginning, just asked too many questions. I took the plunge last November and box an 8 slot OSA and Buzz Elixir (thanks Nathan). I have since filled it up with 3 A Designs and have the new GR on the way.

The money you save by doing it this way is incredible. For example, if you look at the new GR 500 compared to the stand alone unit, you save at least $400 on the power supply alone! Add this up by all of your pre's and you have enough to spend on more pres.

My point in this post really being, a big thank you to all of the manufacturers that allowed the little guy to get some big time gear.

Thanks again
20th June 2007
Old 20th June 2007
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to NathanEldred
Hey, thanks it's nice to be appreciated. :-)
20th June 2007
Old 20th June 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by h-man View Post
For those of you thinking of taking the lunch box plunge and wanting to get into the high pre's, this is a no brainer. I too, in the beginning, just asked too many questions. I took the plunge last November and box an 8 slot OSA and Buzz Elixir (thanks Nathan). I have since filled it up with 3 A Designs and have the new GR on the way.

The money you save by doing it this way is incredible. For example, if you look at the new GR 500 compared to the stand alone unit, you save at least $400 on the power supply alone! Add this up by all of your pre's and you have enough to spend on more pres.

My point in this post really being, a big thank you to all of the manufacturers that allowed the little guy to get some big time gear.

Thanks again
Hello h-man,

Coming from a MANUFACTURER........thank YOU for your support in this format!!

Thanks again,

Peter Montessi
A-Designs Audio
A-Designs Audio: Quality without Compromise. Manufacturer and Distributor of the finest in all tube microphone pramplifiers (mic pre), direct boxes, passive line level control, tube EQ and more!
h-man
21st June 2007
Old 21st June 2007
Gear nut

Peter and Nathan- thank you! I love giving my hard earned teacher dollars to people that remember customer service still is the number one priority.

-H-man
21st June 2007
Old 21st June 2007
500 series nutjob

Send a message via Skype™ to pan60
yes thanks guys!
22nd June 2007
Old 22nd June 2007
Gear Head

Send a message via AIM to Sizam
Quote:
Originally Posted by h-man View Post

Thanks again
you convinced me yesterday, and im pulling the trigger on the elixir and also am looking toward A designs.
i used to have a buck rogers lunchbox in kindergarden....... now im afraid that the 500 series is going to help this beat buck to become the greatest lunchbox of all time!
thanks guys!
22nd June 2007
Old 22nd June 2007
Lives for gear

For me, 500 series means API.
22nd June 2007
Old 22nd June 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandoanalog View Post
For me, 500 series means API.
500 series does mean API.... and it also includes manufacturers that have designed their 500 gear to conform to the VPR Alliance standards. API Audio Products

Facebook | Speck Electronics
23rd June 2007
Old 23rd June 2007

Thank you, ...............and thank YOU !!

Tim
23rd June 2007
Old 23rd June 2007
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to bobx
i love my 500 series! i can't wait to get my hands on the new great river module.
29th June 2007
Old 29th June 2007
Lives for gear

It definitely makes me happy to know I can slowly buy pres and build up a nice stock of them without having to break the bank. $500-700 per high end pre (that standalone would be 1k or more) is a great price.

Soon I'll have my third pre (started out with 2 BAE 312a's!). I think it will be a Great River. Then I need some P1's... Then some Mono Gamas...

And then of course a bigger rack.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search