Neotek Elite Service Manual or Schematics
New Reply
Subscribe
spenceroo
19th December 2012
Old 19th December 2012
Gear addict

Neotek Elite Service Manual or Schematics

I'm looking (or will pay) for a Neotek Elite service manual or clear schematics. Mine is a 1993 model. Heck, I'll even pay to borrow one and then I'll send it back. I know that Sytek sells them, but they want a boatload for one - I'm talking 3 figures.....I need them for an upcoming tech visit. Please email me here: davids39@bigplanet.com Thanks for looking!
20th December 2012
Old 20th December 2012
Lives for gear

Join here and post:

Neotek Mailing List

Mike charges like a wounded bull for everything so it's best to avoid him when possible.

Cheers,
--
Don
20th December 2012
Old 20th December 2012
Gear addict

Thanks Don,
I belong to the Neotek List, but since they went with Google Groups, I haven't been able to log on for some reason. Seems like I never get "quite enough" info over there, but at times they've been very helpful. After a couple questions, everyone seems to disappear. I realize some of those guys are tech, and I guess they don't want to give away too many free secrets! I've got a tech coming Feb. 5th and it would be nice to have something to show him. If anyone has any clear Pdf's, I'll gladly pay you for them.

Thanks,
Dave
21st December 2012
Old 21st December 2012
Lives for gear

Unfortunately, I only have the schematics for a Series II, which is what I own. You should try the list or contact Ike Zimbel on here. His username is his name, Ike Zimbel.

Cheers,
--
Don
spenceroo
23rd December 2012
Old 23rd December 2012
Gear addict

I was able to get back on the Neotek list and post, but so far not a word from anyone. Are service manuals and schematics sacred or something? I was told recently to "buy the manual from Sytek and pass the cost on to the customer", but my studio is a personal home studio and I don't have any clients to gouge.
25th December 2012
Old 25th December 2012
Lives for gear

I saw your post on the Neotek list and have been surprised by the crickets and tumbleweeds. I've never known anyone on the list to be protective of schematics so perhaps no one has what you're looking for of the person who does hasn't seen your post. Folks have traded schematics on that list for a long time so I don't think it's out of the ordinary to ask.

Did you contact Ike? If not, you should.

Cheers,
--
Don
25th December 2012
Old 25th December 2012
Lives for gear

Well, this is a slow time of year for getting responses on anything. As for the schematics,
I've never had the time and a proper size scanner to digitize my copy (which is actually on long-term loan from a client). It's a big job, that I estimate would take several hours. I should be around on the 5th if your tech get's stuck and needs a consult.
A lot of folks are down on Mike at Sytek for charging what he charges. Myself, I get a warm feeling knowing that someone is still willing to supply new, hard-to-get parts like Eq pots etc. You don't get that with MCI, Sony, even SSL 4000 desks. I don't agree with all of his pricing, but I understand what it's like trying to do this for a living when the vast majority of our clients are (or seem to be) part-timers.
All the best,
Ike
Toronto
416-720-0887

"Studio House Calls". Authorized Warranty service for Allen & Heath, Clear-Com, Drawmer, Soundcraft, SPL and Yamaha. Repairs and upgrades to analog audio equipment including: AMEK, dbx, Neve, Neotek, MCI, Soundcraft and more. Ask about our RF frequency co-ordination services!
www.zimbelaudio.com
spenceroo
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
Gear addict

Hello Ike,
Thanks for your reply. I did get a couple responses from the list and was able to get some pdf's emailed to me. I printed them off on legal size paper at work and I'm hoping they'll be usable when the tech gets here Saturday. I really appreciate your offer to help with consulting if needed. Keep your phone handy!

Dave
spenceroo
5th January 2013
Old 5th January 2013
Gear addict

Ike,
Many thanks for assisting me on the issues with my console. I'm back up and running, and learned some things along the way. Keep up the good work!

Dave
6th January 2013
Old 6th January 2013
Lives for gear

You're most welcome. Always happy to see another Neotek up and running.
Best,
Ike
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search