Status update: It came back in with the same fault. This time i tried all the RAM chips i had around with no luck, it would, at most, work for 1 minute or so and then shut down.
Replaced the main DSP chip. Fired up first time and working perfectly, no misses. Along with the capacitor upgrade i've given it first time around, should serve well until the faders go bust.
Now i need to get around to fixing that DJ console of mine, as i found the USB audio IC that's gone south, available from the same seller i got this DSP from. On both counts, the failures are due to design issues. The power supplies are designed in such a way that if capacitors fail, one or more sections will go way overvoltage, and stuff will fry. Another reason to steer clear from Behringer, but if you have one in for repairs, now you know what do do.