SSL Alpha Link Problem
ArisA
12th November 2011
Old 12th November 2011
Gear maniac

SSL Alpha Link Problem

Hi all,

when i got up today i startet my alpha link sx and nothing happened. No LED nothing?!?
As im not a Tech-head i maybe must say i had a little problem yesterday with my computer, after changing the power unit it turned out mainboard battery was the problem. When i removed it computer worked and i was able to work with the Alpha link sx. (Before i did this the computer started and shut down 1 sec later and continued like that.) i then put the battery again in the MB and it worked. the only thing was time and date was reset. but finally i realized that it also asks for ethernet drivers which cant be found on the system...i installed those drivers finally.

now im a little confused now. Dunno what to do. My Alpha Link is just dead it seems right now...

Anyone ever had such a problem or heard or knows what the hell is goin on? As i said, i worked in the studio yesterday, everything worked...

Thanks alot for any help

Aris
12th November 2011
Old 12th November 2011
Lives for gear

Try disconnecting the Alpha link from everything but the mains,
It should light up.
Then try changing the power cable/socket you're plugging into.

If there are still no lights it needs opening up..... send it to ssl
ArisA
12th November 2011
Old 12th November 2011
Gear maniac

thanks for your answer. Thats the first thing i did and it didnt change anything. I just dont understand this. My Alpha Link is half a year old and it was solid as hell all the time. I have only connected a dsub breakout analog for my preamp/synth. Im monitoring via AES to a Benchmark DAC1 to my PMC's.

I worked with the system yesterday, today morning alpha link is dead. I just dont understand this. I've wrote to SSL support and im waiting to see.

thanks all
12th November 2011
Old 12th November 2011
Gear nut

I had the same problem with one of my alpha link ax's
when I first purchased them in 2008.
my findings led me to the front panel
power switch(rocker type switch).
the internals of the switch were not
contacting so I just "rocked" the switch
up & down slowly ... until the unit
turned on.. left both alpha link's on
and never touched the power switch since
that occurrence ...
all of my gear are connected to power strips.
everything in my studio is turned on and off in series.

try this before sending back to ssl...
hope this helps...

11th January 2013
Old 11th January 2013
Lives for gear

exact same problem here today
fuse ok, reseated molex connectors, no joy....
already logged a ticket with SSL support, but if there are any more smart suggestions that save the unit being out for repair for a couple of week, would really appreciate them.
13th May 2013
Old 13th May 2013
Gear addict

This same thing just happened to me as well. Working fine, now I get no lights, but a small click that sounds like the sound of a power cycle gets sent through all of the channels.

Did anyone ever find a solution? I really really need this to be working right now!
13th May 2013
Old 13th May 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono_3 View Post
This same thing just happened to me as well. Working fine, now I get no lights, but a small click that sounds like the sound of a power cycle gets sent through all of the channels.

Did anyone ever find a solution? I really really need this to be working right now!
Yes, mine was exchanged under warranty with SSL, was all turnaround in 3 days, excellent service

Sent from my iPad HD
13th May 2013
Old 13th May 2013
Gear addict

I think mine may be a month or two out of warranty :(

Can't find the receipt so I will have to get a receipt reprint when the shop opens tomorrow. Did you have to ship your original unit to England?
2nd June 2013
Old 2nd June 2013
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono_3 View Post

The same problem with me!

in my first recordings everything was ok, but after a while I started hearing clicks ....

anyone know what causes the clicks during recording? Is there any way to fix or do I have to request the replacement of my unit MX?

Thanks,
4th June 2013
Old 4th June 2013
Gear Head

Looking at the SSL Q+A's for the Alphalink i see they dont repair these units, they only *replace* them if they develop a fault.
For me, with 2 of these units that worries me a bit because i guess they charge a lot to "replace" them.... i wonder why they dont offer a repair service, it seems a little unfair to the customer to expect them to pay for a "replacement"
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search