Login / Register

Mogami 2552, 2549, or 2534 quad XLR mic cable for a 50ft run?
New Reply
Subscribe
Dizzy
20th May 2011
Old 20th May 2011
Lives for gear

Mogami 2552, 2549, or 2534 quad XLR mic cable for a 50ft run?

Which one of these would really be necessary for strictly vocals? Rearranged my room so now my Avalon is next to my interface & PC but is also now about 50ft from the mic. Or would it be smarter to run a shorter mic cable to the Avalon an run a 50ft TRS from the Avalon to my interface. Or with this 50ft range will either way even matter? Sole reason for moving the Avalon next to my interface is because I'm adding a headphone amp to the picture so.
Dizzy
21st May 2011
Old 21st May 2011
Lives for gear

Bump
27th May 2011
Old 27th May 2011
Gear maniac

The Mogami 2534 is definitely a good option when running signals long distances in an environment where interference is a concern. I take it you're in a home setup? Balanced line level signal is definitely less vulnerable to noise and interference, but long runs should be carefully planned so as to avoid anything that could potentially cause noise (such as large transformers in air conditioners and refrigerators). We offer all three of the above options, and I'd say the Mogami 2534 is definitely the most popular. Hope this helps.

Complete Studio Integration | Gear | Cables | Pro Audio LA

<a href=http://www.ProAudioLA.com target=_blank rel=nofollow onclick=trackOutboundLink('http://www.ProAudioLA.com');>http://www.ProAudioLA.com</a>
27th May 2011
Old 27th May 2011
Gear Guru

My Recordings/Credits

For best sonics, place the preamp near the mic, use a short cable, a low loss cable.

I find the AES versions of these cables to perform best with longer lengths. Those have less hf losses.
28th May 2011
Old 28th May 2011
Lives for gear

Gotta love that "advice" from people who want to sell you stuff.

Indeed, as mentioned directly above, Mogami's 3080 (their AES/EBU offering) is an excellent choice.
29th May 2011
Old 29th May 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfischman3 View Post
Gotta love that "advice" from people who want to sell you stuff.
Good advice is good advice.
Dizzy
29th May 2011
Old 29th May 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-Audio-LA View Post
The Mogami 2534 is definitely a good option when running signals long distances in an environment where interference is a concern. I take it you're in a home setup? Balanced line level signal is definitely less vulnerable to noise and interference, but long runs should be carefully planned so as to avoid anything that could potentially cause noise (such as large transformers in air conditioners and refrigerators). We offer all three of the above options, and I'd say the Mogami 2534 is definitely the most popular. Hope this helps.
Wow I wish I would of seen these replies before I placed my order a few days back, especially not seeing your website. Your pricings are way better than NYPROAUDIOCABLES. I'm in Orange County as well, so for all future cables I'll definitely be going through you. I ended up ordering the 2549 in a 50ft. length for around $60 =x
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search