Source for Polytone amp schematics
New Reply
Subscribe
jruberto
11th February 2011
Old 11th February 2011
Lives for gear

Source for Polytone amp schematics

Have my Taurus III in the shop and my amp tech is having trouble shaking down a schematic for the power amp board.

Any leads on a source? I hear from multiple sources that Polytone customer service is a frustrating dead end (including my tech who has left them several messages and not heard back.) Internet searches reveal very little about this amp, apparently it's pretty rare. Greaaat.

Thank you! Cheers, j
jimruberto.com

use last.fm? join the Gearslutz group!
jruberto
14th February 2011
Old 14th February 2011
Lives for gear

Bump.

Spoke with polytone: me:"got schematics?" him:"no, that amp is too old." nice.
jruberto
21st March 2011
Old 21st March 2011
Lives for gear

one more little bump.

bummer, i just need the value of 2 components in the power amp section that burnt up beyond recognition.
21st March 2011
Old 21st March 2011
Lives for gear

jruberto
21st March 2011
Old 21st March 2011
Lives for gear

thanks vintagelove.

i did see those, unfortunately the taurus is about a decade older, totally different power amp. cheers.
2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Gear interested

I am actually in the process of obtaining schematics from Polytone. They have the absolute worst customer service I have ever dealt with. my Polytone mini brute ii was purchased brand new and had immediate problems right out of the box. I contacted Polytone to see if they can fix it. The lady there (Diana) flat out said no we are way too busy and refered me to a place in NJ (Danny's amp repair). I then asked if I can please have a schematic so I can have one on hand cause I am going to search out a local tech. she was very difficult about giving me one but finally took my fax and email. 4 days later I still have no schematic. I left them 3 polite messages in the mean time. I have not heard a peep back. Really upsetting. I purchased the amp new (came without a single document, and no warrenty info), they will not repair it, and they don't even have the courtiosy return my call or fax over a piece of paper. It's almost like she enjoys making my life difficult. if any body has a schematic for the Pre amp section of the newer (foam mesh grill) poly mini brute ii, please help me out (my issue is with the sonic circuit, I'm not sure if the schem posted above is the correct model of the amp it have). I hope this information is helpful to potential buyers, just a warning what youre getting into when your Polytone breaks.
19th May 2012
Old 19th May 2012
Gear interested

Looking for a schematic and or instruction manual for a Polytone Taurus 3 bass amp. It has 1 15" speaker, two foot switchable channels, and an effects loop. Just got it and it's not really that intuitive to use. Really don't know whether it's working the way it should or not! Also seems to have a bit of a high frequency buzz that goes away to a large extent with the high cut switch.
Like to get it cleaned up in any case. I have had a Minibrute 2 for 30 years so I know Polytone is abysmal at customer support. Nonetheless, there must be (or should be...!) a support group for Polytone lovers. I notice Hendrickson amps trying to poach Polytone searchers every time I do a Google search. I know why!
Any help would be very much appreciated
Thanks
11th July 2012
Old 11th July 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervy View Post
Looking for a schematic and or instruction manual for a Polytone Taurus 3 bass amp. It has 1 15" speaker, two foot switchable channels, and an effects loop. Just got it and it's not really that intuitive to use. Really don't know whether it's working the way it should or not! Also seems to have a bit of a high frequency buzz that goes away to a large extent with the high cut switch.
Like to get it cleaned up in any case. I have had a Minibrute 2 for 30 years so I know Polytone is abysmal at customer support. Nonetheless, there must be (or should be...!) a support group for Polytone lovers. I notice Hendrickson amps trying to poach Polytone searchers every time I do a Google search. I know why!
Any help would be very much appreciated
Thanks
11th July 2012
Old 11th July 2012
Gear interested

go to musicparts.com ..they have MANY of the polytone schematics. I am trying to rebuild a baby taurus power supply...would love some help!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search