Login / Register

Where Can I Find Replacement Roland Juno G Parts?!
New Reply
Subscribe
amadeusamadeus
18th October 2009
Old 18th October 2009
Gear interested

Where Can I Find Replacement Roland Juno G Parts?!

I recently bought a used roland juno g off of ebay, and i believe the contrast knob/pot (I'm not exactly sure what its called) is broken. I want to solder the replacement piece on my own, (because i have experience and can't afford bringing it into a certified repair shop) but i have had absolutely no luck finding it even after looking on sites that specifically sell general electronic bits 'n pieces. I took apart the keyboard, and there is a number on the contrast knob/pot which reads "OC203B".
I would really appreciate any possible solutions as i need this to be working for my gig next weekend!

thanks
5th November 2009
Old 5th November 2009
Gear Head

yes, im in the same predicament. i bought a used juno g and the main volume knob kind of crackles when u turn it, it looses output in the right side.
i want to know if its possible to repair it. or if i can buy a new volume pot and put it in. i dont know about soldering but i know people who can, any help on how to repair or where to get parts.
8th November 2009
Old 8th November 2009
Lives for gear

I have a Juno-G but no problems as of yet......Did you try contacting Roland for the part, especially since you have the part number..? Good luck...
8th February 2011
Old 8th February 2011
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumsynth View Post
yes, im in the same predicament. i bought a used juno g and the main volume knob kind of crackles when u turn it, it looses output in the right side.
i want to know if its possible to repair it. or if i can buy a new volume pot and put it in. i dont know about soldering but i know people who can, any help on how to repair or where to get parts.
I know this is an old post, but anyone who has a problem with the volume pot may be better off just buying that whole Panel A board. I'm not even sure if you can just but the volume pot or any individual part on the board like that. It was actually cheaper than I expected... $59.50 for the Panel A. Has all the tact switches, d-beam and volume pot. I would just have to transfer the buttons over to the new board.

For those who don't know, when you open up the JUNO G, it's broken down into 4 or 5 boards/panels.
The Main Board, (where the RAM, SRX Slot, blah blah blah is located), the Jack board, (or something like that...all the I/O and midi and things), then Panel A, (mode and volume and stuff), Panel B, (screen and function/category buttons), and Panel C, (faders and all the rest of that stuff lol)...

My question is how do I check the status of this order without calling them for info? I was told this part was back ordered so it may very well be between 4 and 6 weeks before I get to use my JUNO G and actually hear what I'm playing lol.

Also, sorry if this is a bit thrown together, I'm trying to eat, feed my son, type and straighten up a bit...oh look, I think he made a stinky...GEE LUCKY ME!!!
24th March 2011
Old 24th March 2011
Gear interested

I had a Juno G in for repair today with a broken volume pot.
A quick call to Roland here in the UK and the very helpful chap at the other end has one shipping to me, cost around 5 UK pounds per pot.

Looks like there's no need to replace the whole board after all!

Cheers
22nd June 2011
Old 22nd June 2011
Gear interested

same issue

Oye, I am having the same issue with my Juno-G and it is not even 5 years old but past it's warrenty.

If you just buy the pot is it harder to replace then the whole curcuit board A?
22nd July 2011
Old 22nd July 2011
Gear Head

Omg thanks, so i can just buy a new volume POT? so freaking cool, do i have to be under warranty to order it from roland? this means i can just buy that part and install it myself? When and if i can even do that is my problem i guess.
18th February 2013
Old 18th February 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by amadeusamadeus View Post
I recently bought a used roland juno g off of ebay, and i believe the contrast knob/pot (I'm not exactly sure what its called) is broken. I want to solder the replacement piece on my own, (because i have experience and can't afford bringing it into a certified repair shop) but i have had absolutely no luck finding it even after looking on sites that specifically sell general electronic bits 'n pieces. I took apart the keyboard, and there is a number on the contrast knob/pot which reads "OC203B".
I would really appreciate any possible solutions as i need this to be working for my gig next weekend!

thanks
Old thread, I know, but I need to know if anyone happens to have a pic of the OC203B pot, or more info such as the manufacturer name etc. Thanks!
22nd February 2013
Old 22nd February 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoox View Post
Old thread, I know, but I need to know if anyone happens to have a pic of the OC203B pot, or more info such as the manufacturer name etc. Thanks!
LCD contrast potentiometer is manufactured by ALPS.

Manufacturer's p/n is RK09K1110AFG, ROLAND p/n is 04128767.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search