Login / Register

Soundcraft Delta 200 Series Service Manual and Schematics?
New Reply
Subscribe
Beastie
8th February 2009
Old 8th February 2009
Lives for gear

Send a message via Skype™ to Beastie

Does anyone know where i can get hold of these?

soundcraft haven't responded!

Im in the uk...

Cheers

8th February 2009
Old 8th February 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastie View Post

Does anyone know where i can get hold of these?

Im in the uk...

Cheers

Call Jim Williams at Audioupgrades...

http://www.audioupgrades.com/contact_us/conact_us.htm
15th February 2009
Old 15th February 2009
Gear interested

Schematics for Delta 200..I have on PDF

I have them in PDF ,i can send you..Whats your address!!!
Best

M
18th October 2009
Old 18th October 2009
Gear nut

hi

im trying around to find schems for soundcraft dlx delta.

mostley for i need schems over group modul d203.

its the same modul for soundcraft delta 200.

can anybody help me here with this?
18th October 2009
Old 18th October 2009
Sonic Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastie View Post
If you emailed them, I would suggest calling instead. At the Potters Bar HQ thumbsup
6th September 2010
Old 6th September 2010
Gear interested

Soundcraft Delta 200

Please, can I receive a schematics of Soundcraft Delta 200?
My mixer is dead.... Please, Please, Please, help me.

Thanks, Massimo

massimo.bortoletto@cheapnet.it
6th September 2010
Old 6th September 2010
Lives for gear

Send a message via Skype™ to The dman
Quote:
Originally Posted by max1973 View Post
Please, can I receive a schematics of Soundcraft Delta 200?
My mixer is dead.... Please, Please, Please, help me.

Thanks, Massimo

massimo.bortoletto@cheapnet.it
Here you go
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Sndcft_DeltaDLX_Schems.pdf (1.16 MB, 2055 views)
21st October 2010
Old 21st October 2010
Gear interested

Thanks, I read the schematics... but for you who is the value of components for modify the LO filter for optimum performer? I think now is to 120 Hz and I think the right is to 80 Hz.

Thanks, Massimo
29th August 2011
Old 29th August 2011
Gear Head

Great!!!! Thanks so much!
28th May 2013
Old 28th May 2013
Lives for gear

Send a message via MSN to andremattos Send a message via Skype™ to andremattos
i am looking for DC2020 or DC2000 service manual .. any help ?
6 Days Ago
Old 6 Days Ago
Gear maniac

bump this thread, as the pdf listed above doesn't seem to have the D201 delta 200 input channel (dlx) schematic in it...

does anyone have the schem for the d201?
6 Days Ago
Old 6 Days Ago
Lives for gear

Yep, spelled it wrong. 13 some odd albums later, whats a guy ta do?
6 Days Ago
Old 6 Days Ago
Gear nut

Yes, the low off -3 dB point of the filter is 120 Hz. You will come very close to 80HZ @ -3dB using two times 68N instead of the 47N.
(Ah! I see now that I answered a question from some years ago! :-)
5 Days Ago
Old 5 Days Ago
Gear maniac

5 Days Ago
Old 5 Days Ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutetourettes View Post
cheers - that's a great thread but the schem file is the same as in this thread... no D201 input module to be seen..
That's the only schem I know of. All the delta Input modules are very similar minus some options here and there. Certain venue modules too, though I haven't tested all of them.

What are you looking for in the schem?
5 Days Ago
Old 5 Days Ago
Gear maniac

well i was hoping to get the right link numbers etc, but I've used that schem and looking at the module I can find most of the circuits represented with correct part numbers (last night) I thought there were a few differences but I've forgotten them now ... definitely options missing like all the links for setting direct out pre fader... looks like only one aux is jumperable to be preeq/pre/postfader.. stuff like that...

Actually my aim is to pull all the power decoupling off the general ground onto its own star ground, enhance the ps decoupling for all the opamps, and modify the high pass filter into the harrison 32 high/low filter set a la harrison ford (with the addition of another dual opamp, and a pair of dual gang rev log 47k pots... not an easy fit.).. so.. plenty to scratch my head over...

Just would be nice to have the actual schematic / visual board layout to work with... for a *fraction* less head scratching...
5 Days Ago
Old 5 Days Ago
Lives for gear

Wow. That's quite a project.

Let me know how that goes, and what mods work best for you.

Are you pulling the power decoupling onto a star ground because of noise?
5 Days Ago
Old 5 Days Ago
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameal View Post
Are you pulling the power decoupling onto a star ground because of noise?
yes, the plan is to see how comfortable, happy and quiet I can get those tl072s just by optimising the decoupling (and possibly bypassing)... then i might pop in 2072s in a channel or two just to see what else it can achieve.

All power decoupling is to dump WAY away from any audio/reference ground...

It's running on a power one like yours.

but tbh don't hold yer breath because I'm mostly building a shed at the moment....
4 Days Ago
Old 4 Days Ago
Gear nut

Wouldn't be an easy and nice way to start is to replace the NE5532 summing amps with LM4562? They are even quite cheap! You could bypass the elcaps in the input of the summing amp.
4 Days Ago
Old 4 Days Ago
Lives for gear

You know, I honestly don't hear too much noise going on in this desk. I have too admit though, I've never put it to the scope. I'd be really interested to see measurement. Though I'm still interested in what mods work for who and how.

This desk needs a mega thread documenting mods. There's so many!
4 Days Ago
Old 4 Days Ago
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameal View Post
You know, I honestly don't hear too much noise going on in this desk. I have too admit though, I've never put it to the scope. I'd be really interested to see measurement. Though I'm still interested in what mods work for who and how.

This desk needs a mega thread documenting mods. There's so many!
My post was more aimed at mutetourettes, as he has big plans reducing noise as I understood. I am not too concerned about noise too. If it don't bother you when listening than it's alright I think.
4 Days Ago
Old 4 Days Ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panoramix View Post
My post was more aimed at mutetourettes, as he has big plans reducing noise as I understood. I am not too concerned about noise too. If it don't bother you when listening than it's alright I think.
That's kinda where I was at. That's why I'm curious what he's going for with the mods.

I'm definitely keeping an ear to the ground. I'm going down that path at some point I'm sure, modding the console strips and what not. There's just so many! Which one do I want?!
4 Days Ago
Old 4 Days Ago
Gear maniac

Yeah on my power supply the delta's pretty fine as is - this is definitely in the 'want' category rather than 'need'...

I was inspired by all the talk of modding, as usual, and often folks are chucking in different opamps (not just with this desk, all over the place) but then I saw this thread by 'Kingston' in Helsinki on groupdiy - where he achieves amazing results (on some studiomaster desk I think) just by properly getting to grips with how opamp decoupling/bypassing actually works.. when he had that sorted (and it's a pretty long thread as he/we learns just what the hell is going on there) it made sweet FA difference what opamps he dropped in, so he concluded that the different 'sounds' of opamps are basically the different ways they're playing fast and loose in the usual not-very-optimal setup... get the setup right and they all do their job just about excellently.

Now the decoupling approach in the delta is pretty agricultural, so I surmise that there are some pretty easy gains to be made there with careful investigation. Actually "Living sounds" is on that thread near the end - I he/she is a Delta user too (or maybe 200b).

I've been fascinated by how to set up the environment for opamps, and how some of the fancy pants new ones are proper primadonnas, and how many folks suggest we don't need them at all for audio work.. basically I'm just intrigued, so my motivation is both noise/distortion reduction and basic curiosity, the delta's a good testing ground I think. I'm going to keep my experimentings to the channel module to start with so I can easily compare modded/unmodded, and test through the various routes in and out of the module.

Once I have some confidence I'll then go over the group/master sections in the same way.

if you google "group diy decoupling kingston" you should see a thread called "opamps and local decoupling of rails, some questions"

And as for shoehorning the filters in there... well I just want nice filters. it's the unbalanced middle section of this schematic:
http://strangeweatherbrooklyn.com/sa...fordfilter.jpg
the middle opamp of which is laid out fairly similarly to the high-pass opamp on the delta, the other two are very simple themselves, I might even wire it up dead-bug-style..

then yeah, finally I'm intrigued about getting some low-dc chips in and removing lots of caps from the signal path.. that's gotta sound good too, right.. but I intend for this to be a fairly controlled set of experiments, so one thing at a time...

Last edited by mutetourettes; 4 Days Ago at 10:01 AM.. Reason: more cowbell
3 Days Ago
Old 3 Days Ago
Lives for gear

Yes, PS decoupling is very important, and in the Delta it's also very minimal, so there's plenty of room for improvement there. This is also VERY necessary if you plan to upgrade and put racy chips in there.
To give you an idea of what's done in some other consoles...in a Neotek console, EVERY IC, even every gain stage (IOW, even a pair of transistors) is decoupled from the +/-18v rails via 100 ohm resistors in series and 2.2uf electrolytic caps to 0v in the older "Series" desks, and via 47r and 10uf in the Elite/Elan/Essence desks. As well each module has at least a pair of .1uf ceramic caps across the supply rails as they enter the module. In a Neve V series desk, every audio IC has a pair of 33uf electrolytic caps from the supply rails to 0v. Each circuit board usually has a pair of over all decoupling caps in the 100uf range and 10 r series resistors. Neve 54 series desks have a pair of Tantalums for each chip (don't recall the value offhand). This varies a bit in the high end desks, but suffice it to say they all put a lot of effort (and parts!) into power supply decoupling.
Best,
Ike
Toronto
416-720-0887

"Studio House Calls". Authorized Warranty service for Allen & Heath, Clear-Com, Drawmer, Soundcraft, SPL and Yamaha. Repairs and upgrades to analog audio equipment including: AMEK, dbx, Neve, Neotek, MCI, Soundcraft and more. Ask about our RF frequency co-ordination services!
www.zimbelaudio.com
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search