M-audio Profire 2626
New Reply
Subscribe
Jesusfreak999777
27th August 2008
Old 27th August 2008
Gear Head

M-audio Profire 2626

Hi I just recently purchased a m-audio profire 2626 interface. I am running it on windows vista with 2 gigs of ram, all updated drivers, and with Pro Tools M-powered. However, many times when I go to record, playback, or simply edit audio, a message pops up saying that there is an issue with the peripherals clock, and will not let me playback(when I hit space bar, the play and stop buttons both light up) until I restart pro tools or my computer.

Another thing that the interface is doing, is that After I open up pro tools, the blue light on the interface will begin to flash as if it is not hooked up to my computer.

Could these be due to the fact that my firewire card is not texas instruement chipsets, or does anyone know what could be causing this??

It also cracks and pops badly on playback and record in Cubase Studio 4, but I am pretty sure that this issue is related to the fact that my firewire card does not have texas instrument chipsets.

Please help!!
-Fridge
27th August 2008
Old 27th August 2008
Gear maniac

First I wouldt ry XP instead of Vista
Second I would put a PCi firewire card and try changing it from slot in case it doesn't resolve the pops and clicks (IRQ problems)
Jesusfreak999777
27th August 2008
Old 27th August 2008
Gear Head

Well first off i didn't specify i'm running this on a laptop, but i also use it for my school work, so if I install xp on it none of the programs i have for school will work, as they were all made for vista.

But if I get a firewire card with texas instruments do you think this will solve my clock sync problems?
27th August 2008
Old 27th August 2008
Motown legend

TI chips are important but my biggest problem with firewire was finding reliable cables.
Jesusfreak999777
27th August 2008
Old 27th August 2008
Gear Head

well at first when I installed the 2626, I was using a 15 foot firewire cable that I had bought to use with my Presonus FP10, but that cable for some reason would not allow the 2626 to function at all, so now I am using the provided m-audio cable. Do you know what brands of cables will work with the 2626 so that I can try that?
27th August 2008
Old 27th August 2008
Lives for gear

from what I know from experience with issues like this, a cardbuss firewire card can fix allot of the issues with audio interfaces. I cannot be certain this is the source of the problem, but I would get with M-Audio tech support and they should know if that may be the source.
27th August 2008
Old 27th August 2008
Gear nut

I guess the other thread is dying so re:post...

Having problems with my PROFIRE 2626. I can play sounds out of it(windows media etc...) but when I go to install PTMP it freezes and gives me the error "NO M-AUDIO DEVICE FOUND"
Originally my box was running XP SP2 but PTMP asked that it be updated.
Device manager sees PROFIRE 2626 & I get sound. Drivers, installed first before PTMP. Should I reformat the machine? I'm gonna lose it!

Currently I am running a desktop:
Pentium D 3.0GHZ Dual Core
3 gigabytes of RAM - TI Chip PCI firewire card
120gb SATA hard drive - XP sp3
29th August 2008
Old 29th August 2008
Motown legend

I've seen bad cables do all of this.
31st August 2008
Old 31st August 2008
Gear nut

Thanks Bob!

I figured it out with a Digidesign tech. Apparently, following M-audio's manual for driver installation is not the right way to go.

After everything else was trouble shot, we reinstalled the PROFIRE 2626 driver with the device connected.

That was the silver bullet.
Jesusfreak999777
2nd September 2008
Old 2nd September 2008
Gear Head

thanks for all the help guys. I have a firewire cardbuss with a TI chipset on order and should be here soon. Hopefully that will fix the problem with my interface, I just have to fix my PT probs now, but thats anther thread haha.

-Fridge-
15th November 2008
Old 15th November 2008
Gear interested

Send a message via MSN to fabiofranciosi
Unhappy Profire 2626 and firewire connection...

Hi Fridge, i just read your problems about the firewire connection of your Profire 2626. Have you resolved the problem with the new texas instrument firewire card ?
I am writing you because I have the same problem of hissing and cracks when i record with Cubase studio 4.
My PC is this : Asus P5K pro, Pentium Core QUAD, 8 Gb Ram, HD 1,5 Tb, Windows Vista 64 bit. I have installed Win XP32, with all the 32bit drivers, but the problem is the same.
Do you think I could resolve with another firewire PCI card ?
Thanks so much !
Fabio, Italy
16th November 2008
Old 16th November 2008
Lives for gear

Hey Fabio (and others), go get the ubCore™ 5.52 firewire driver (not the PRO, the free version, second group from the top) and see if it helps.

ubCore™ 5.52

My 2626 won't be here until Monday, but this driver was recommended by M-audio tech support.

"I'll have to check with my Dad about that one. He knows everything, Mom says he's a Know-It-All."
27th November 2008
Old 27th November 2008
Lives for gear

Just a heads up. Digi has an approved firewire card for the LE and Avid systems, no reason it shouldn't be golden for M-audio too. It's a Pyro PCI 64R2, $25 from Newegg. Reviews are good on it, working in situations where other cards would not. It has a TI chipset in it, just ordered one. YMMV
Jesusfreak999777
7th December 2008
Old 7th December 2008
Gear Head

sorry it took me so long to reply to this Fabio, but the Texas Instruments Firewire card did the trick for me in Pro Tools. I've been trying to run it in Cubase Studio 4 because i have a killer vst amp simulator in there, but i think something is corrupt in the program, because everytime i open a project or create a new one, a message says that windows has encounered and error and has to close cubase. So i'm not really sure if it works in cubase. I know it works perfectly in Cubase le but i'm not sure about studio. Anyone know what might be wrong with my Cubase btw?

~Fridge
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search