I'm in the process of planning a "Pro Audio" video-podcast (title TBA), and I'd like to get feedback as to what people would want to see in a video-podcast.
I've been a fan of podcasts for a few years now, and while I do listen to and watch quite a few tech podcasts, none of them go into audio any deeper than audio cards for a computer.
I haven't heard of any other good pro audio podcasts, and of the ones that I've heard or seen, I didn't really like the topics or the way it was run.
I want to aim at the crowd that already knows how to run a session, but they'd love to hear about new mics, new techniques, new gear in general, and news from all over the audio tech world.
SO... here is a list of topics / themes I want to work on for this podcast. Let me know what you think, and if you have any suggestions, bring it on!
- Reviews of new products
- Panels for discussion with 2 or 3 guests
- Discussion of past / current micing techniques
- Interviews / demos at various companies (Digidesign, Apple, Bose, and Genelec are examples of companies I am in contact with)
- Interviews / walkthroughs of studios around the country
- Interviews with engineers / producers / studio-owners
- Video footage of some of the GS mic / pre shootouts
So, with that in mind, what do you guys think? Is there anything YOU would want to see in a video podcast? Is there any particular format YOU like better than others?
Also, what time frame / deployment would you say you are more comfortable with:
- 3-5 minute video podcast produced 3 to 5 times a week
- 30 minute video podcast produced 1 time a week
- 60+ minute audio podcast produced 1 time a week
** I'm pretty much set on doing a video podcast, but I'd like to see if there is any interest in doing a TWiT style podcast. That's "This Week in Tech", for those of you not in the "know"
Anyway, any feedback is appreciated, so let me know!