Alesis Adat XT20 Schematic/Service Procedure
SAnthony
16th June 2007
Old 16th June 2007
Gear nut

Alesis Adat XT20 Schematic/Service Procedure

I am Looking for Schematics and any available Technical repair Info available on the Alesis Adat XT20. I have 2 of these with the dreaded
"Error 7" problem and a Good head cleaning did NOT help! Also Schematics for a 3rd unit with a dead Power supply. Looking to see if I can handle a little more in-house other than Cleaning, Belts, Pinch Rollers and switches.
Thanks...Take Care,
Shawn
16th December 2008
Old 16th December 2008
Gear interested

Alesis XT20 power supply schematics

Hi Shawn,

Did you have any luck finding the schematic for the XT20 power supply. I have one that has suffered the same fate and I can't get a replacement from anyone in AUS. I should be able to get it 'looked at' if I can supply my tech with the schematics. I found a link in the US for replacements @ USD 99.00 (digirepair.com) but I can't get a repsonse from the site.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Rob.
22nd December 2008
Old 22nd December 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAnthony View Post
I am Looking for Schematics and any available Technical repair Info available on the Alesis Adat XT20. I have 2 of these with the dreaded
"Error 7" problem and a Good head cleaning did NOT help! Also Schematics for a 3rd unit with a dead Power supply. Looking to see if I can handle a little more in-house other than Cleaning, Belts, Pinch Rollers and switches.
Thanks...Take Care,
Shawn
Hello.. I had the same happen to one of my XT-20s when I was using them. ( Error #7.).. Cleaning didn't help either. Unfortunately, and I hope this isn't the case for you, I had to send it back to Alesis. It had dropped a headstack..!.....With about 15 hrs on the new heads.. Fortunately it was new and still under warranty. If not, they say it would 've cost about $ 400-$600 to repair...... I 've since then moved on to the HD24-XR...Maybe yours is just alignment issues. Good Luck...
22nd December 2008
Old 22nd December 2008
Lives for gear

Do not use hhb tapes, the purple ones back in the day would always do this. (on mine)
SAnthony
26th December 2008
Old 26th December 2008
Gear nut

XT20 Schematic

Hey Rob still looking for this XT 20 Repair information.... Schematics Alignment, adjustment etc.....Any Help Greatly Appreciated...Thanks...Take Care,Shawn
22nd October 2009
Old 22nd October 2009
Gear interested

I think hr_adat is what you've all been looking for! How to fix "Error 7" with one simple wiggle of a connector...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search