Amek Hendrix power problems
New Reply
Subscribe
HomoNeophilus
27th February 2007
Old 27th February 2007
Gear interested

Amek Hendrix power problems

We've been trying to connect power to our Amek Hendrix but have run into some trouble... We've figured out how the PSU is connected but aren't sure about the grounding. Some of the grounding pins, it seems, are supposed to be connected, but which and where?
The service manual we got with the desk wasn't very elaborate on these subjects, there was just a hand drawn sketch where much was lost in the xeroxing.

If anyone with an Amek Hendrix could take a photo of the part where the PSU is connected or give some other kind of description it would be of great help!
27th February 2007
Old 27th February 2007
Lives for gear

Hi
Basically all the big green / yellow wires go to the same 6mm bolt, including the link to chassis.
Usually the biggest problem is getting your head around the sense wiring of the supplies since one pair seem a little 'odd'. At the desk end of the cables the sense wire for each rail should measure about 7 ohms to it's 16mm power wire.
PM or email me with a photo of your situation so far and I can help.
Matt S
22nd March 2007
Old 22nd March 2007
Gear interested

Thank you! We figured this out eventually with some help from a technician. However my colleuge accidently blew something in the PSU with an ampere meter (should've been voltage)... So now we're looking for schematics...
22nd March 2007
Old 22nd March 2007
Lives for gear

Hi
PM or preferably email me directly and I may be able to help.
Matt S
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search