Login / Register

Oktava MKL2500 tube replacement - which tube will work?
New Reply
Subscribe
qbert1
22nd February 2007
Old 22nd February 2007
Gear Head

Oktava MKL2500 tube replacement - which tube will work?

Does anyone know where I can find a replacement tube for this mic? Mine's going bad. Websites tell me its a 6C315P tube, but there seems to be no info or availability. Is there a equivalent number I should look up? If I can eventually find a replacement, what brand would be a good match?
22nd February 2007
Old 22nd February 2007
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

I bought some N.O.S. 6AK5 tubes made by CBS-Hytron (made in Danvers, MA) from www.tubestore.com that work fine.
qbert1
22nd February 2007
Old 22nd February 2007
Gear Head

Thanks, I'll look into that. By the way, do your mods work on a Chinese 2500? I'm pretty sure mine is a "fake", but I'm still curious if there's more potential within.

BK
22nd February 2007
Old 22nd February 2007
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbert1 View Post
Does anyone know where I can find a replacement tube for this mic? Mine's going bad. Websites tell me its a 6C315P tube, but there seems to be no info or availability. Is there a equivalent number I should look up? If I can eventually find a replacement, what brand would be a good match?

I can do the intermediary job for ordering any tubes/synths/parts originated in Russia.
See also additional info at:

PPG Wave Servicing
23rd February 2007
Old 23rd February 2007
Lives for gear

Try a google search for mods, I remember seeing some sites with stuff posted about this mic but I don't have the link(s) for you. There is also info on how to tell the Chinese from the Russian ones, GC sold both with Chinese power supplies. I picked up two of them and luckily got the Russian mics (different tubes in each though LOL) but have yet to mod them. If your mic has noise, check the voltage switch on the power supply (120v/220v), they mounted them opposite the silk screening on the case, what the red switch is showing is right.
qbert1
23rd February 2007
Old 23rd February 2007
Gear Head

I'm pretty positive it's "fake" and thanks to the wonders of the interwebs, it's also hum free now. Would some of the 319 mods work for this one too?
23rd February 2007
Old 23rd February 2007
Lives for gear

23rd February 2007
Old 23rd February 2007
Lives for gear

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/oct0...avamkl2500.htm

The above article does mention the 6C315P valve, but I get the feeling something has been lost in translation at some point in the past and that the result (the name '6C315P') is now being quoted as standard. Hopefully the actual valve type will be a common one...

Anatoliy, is there anything like a 6SZ15R? (I guess not.) I guess that would be Cyrillic 6C315P.
23rd February 2007
Old 23rd February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by woomanmoomin View Post
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/oct0...avamkl2500.htm

The above article does mention the 6C315P valve, but I get the feeling something has been lost in translation at some point in the past and that the result (the name '6C315P') is now being quoted as standard. Hopefully the actual valve type will be a common one...

Anatoliy, is there anything like a 6SZ15R? (I guess not.) I guess that would be Cyrillic 6C315P.
No.

Cyrrillic Zh looks like >-|-< that most probably could be "translated" into set of some familiar Latin characters.
Such letter after the 1'st number (rounded filament voltage, 6.3V) means "Pentode". Cyrillic "C" (sounds as "S") means triode.
P at the end means "Miniature, finger type", 7 or 9 pin.
R at the end does not exist.

The mic uses 6Zh1P (or may be pronounced as 6J1P) tube that is exactly 6AK5. If you need 6Zh1P I have some, but you may buy it on ePay like I did.

http://cgi.ebay.com/6J1P-EV-LOT-OF-1...mZ180087375503
23rd February 2007
Old 23rd February 2007
Gear addict

BTW - the 5654 is a premium grade 6ak5 if you want to give it a try. Both are plentiful and cheap on eBay...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search