Be honest - how many times...
New Reply
Subscribe
MatzeMillion
28th January 2007
Old 28th January 2007
Gear addict

Be honest - how many times...

...did you fall asleep behind the mixing desk during a recording session?

ok... as I start the thread... I'd better be first

It happened to me one time and will hopefully NEVER EVER happen again! I was so tired because I had a gig the night before and I was recording a blues band. During "Stormy Monday" the music must have started fading away.... Next thing I can remember is the whole band standing behind me and I had the loudest (and ugliest) wakeup call of all times...

The worst thing is, that every time I meet one of these musicians he starts a sentence with: "I'll always remember..." hahaha
28th January 2007
Old 28th January 2007
Lives for gear

Never during tracking. But mixing.. Oh yes!!

A few years ago, my girl woke me up while I was catching flies @ 4:00 am, kick soloed, thumping away.
"what the fukk are you doing?!"

Happened a few times that summer. Not so much any more.

"This game is really about being consistently "upper mediocre" on a regular basis. Brilliant on occasion and damn near never sucking" - Fletcher
28th January 2007
Old 28th January 2007
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatzeMillion View Post

The worst thing is, that every time I meet one of these musicians he starts a sentence with: "I'll always remember..." hahaha
e

My studio keeps me awake!
29th January 2007
Old 29th January 2007
Lives for gear

no... i never fell asleep mixing , but one time i was mixing and i had a big headache, and just kept going... then my vision started to get darker and darker, the headache worse and i passed out cold in the floor of the studio... that was scary... i guess it was some low blood pressure... never had that again... and a couple of minutes later i was just fine, no headache, ate a sandwich and went to sleep it off... i dont do that anymore... i had been working overtime a lot that week... and i was working on an empty stomach...
29th January 2007
Old 29th January 2007
Lives for gear

I've fallen asleep in front of my comp. at least five times. Most of the time, I've woken up after a half hour or so wondering what that effin' high-pitched noise was. It was the noise that you usually get after pressing down a bunch of keys at the same time, for a long time.
29th January 2007
Old 29th January 2007
Lives for gear

I have fallen asleep tracking! lots.... Acutually I have fallen asleep tracking vocals, hiding behind my compuer screen.
I have lucked out everytime, and woken up in time to punch out!
Never fall asleep mixing, cause I always have somthing to do!
But some albums, I'll go 3 days without sleeping, and its damn near physically impossible not to nodd off...
Producer / Mixer / Engineer
29th January 2007
Old 29th January 2007
Gear maniac

my friend shot video of a Kenny G session where the Producer, engineer and assistant are asleep while kenny is seen behind the glass performing. not staged, but real. I saw the video in the studio, but I dont think it is on youtube .
MatzeMillion
30th January 2007
Old 30th January 2007
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by amorris View Post
...Producer, engineer and assistant are asleep while kenny is seen behind the glass performing.
like this?
>

anyone have this video?

-----

A friend of mine (he's a **** good bass player) can't stay awake more than 5 minutes on the couch in my studio. I have to wake him every time. But that is probably a general bass player desease.
30th January 2007
Old 30th January 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by amorris View Post
my friend shot video of a Kenny G session where the Producer, engineer and assistant are asleep while kenny is seen behind the glass performing. not staged, but real.

Must .. refrain.. from jumping on this one...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search