Lepou (Free amp Sim) Vs. Peavey Vypyr 120 Tube
View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Version A
2 Votes - 66.67%
Version B
1 Votes - 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22nd January 2012
  #1
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
Lepou (Free amp Sim) Vs. Peavey Vypyr 120 Tube

Did a quick recording of both:

Which one do you prefer and which one sounds like a real amp?

Whipped up a quick mix, didn't spend long on it to give it a more raw sound

First section is Version A, Second section is Version B.
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 LepouTest (1).mp3 (1.12 MB, 344 views)
Old 23rd January 2012
  #2
PDC
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAMD View Post
Did a quick recording of both:

Which one do you prefer and which one sounds like a real amp?

Whipped up a quick mix, didn't spend long on it to give it a more raw sound

First section is Version A, Second section is Version B.
Why not offer the same part through both amps?
Neither sounds like a real amp IMO. But, I might be distracted by the artificial drums
Old 23rd January 2012
  #3
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDC View Post
Why not offer the same part through both amps?
Neither sounds like a real amp IMO. But, I might be distracted by the artificial drums
Well I can assure you, one of them is a real amp.

You not liking Steven Slate 4.0?

Could do the same part, but it's not as interesting
Old 23rd January 2012
  #4
PDC
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAMD View Post
Well I can assure you, one of them is a real amp.

You not liking Steven Slate 4.0?

Could do the same part, but it's not as interesting
Does the Peavey qualify as a real amp? The tone is coming from digital modeling world, right?
Old 23rd January 2012
  #5
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDC View Post
Does the Peavey qualify as a real amp? The tone is coming from digital modeling world, right?
Well I suppose yes and no!! It is a real amp as in it's got a speaker and it's got air.

It's a modeller in it tries to change characteristics of the amp to sound like another amp. Now to me I agree with you, they don't sound convincing.. Also these costing £450 / $700 they aren't far off an Engl, Orange, 5150, Bugera, Laney IRONHEART etc.

But it proves this, an amp is more than the air it pushes.
Old 25th January 2012
  #6
Lives for gear
 
JulianFernandez's Avatar
 

Version A sounds best to me...
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
FFTT / So many guitars, so little time!
70
pan60 / So much gear, so little time!
12
dviola / So many guitars, so little time!
3
jpellegrino / So many guitars, so little time!
2
Robearto4 / So many guitars, so little time!
5

Forum Jump
 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.