Anyone else using sahiaman's little blondie mic?
3rd March 2010
Old 3rd March 2010
Gear interested

anyone tried these on a grand piano?
3rd March 2010
Old 3rd March 2010
Lives for gear

You guys can contact me at asahi@uvfmusic.com from now on. I'm having some free time coming up so I'll be able to make a few more of whatever you need. Thanks for all the support and letting me do this on my own pace. Also, this year I'll be switching up the charity I support with the mics from St. Jude's to the Haiti quake relief efforts until May. Then back into St. Jude's afterward.
4th March 2010
Old 4th March 2010
Gear interested

Every time I hear the samples on the forum, I'm completely blown away! I ordered my own pair of wooden's a few weeks ago, can't wait to get them. Meanwhile, I can only agree on what's been said before: Aman, you're a very nice person to do business with.

I will be using these in a live recording of a symphony orchestra with choir. I am still not sure where to put them, but my feelings tend towards the first violins and second violins/viola section. I can't however get rid of the thought how these would sound as main pair, although I think I'll rent a matched pair of DPA 4006s for that. Suggestions are always welcome though!
5th March 2010
Old 5th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiaman View Post
You guys can contact me at asahi@uvfmusic.com from now on. I'm having some free time coming up so I'll be able to make a few more of whatever you need. Thanks for all the support and letting me do this on my own pace. Also, this year I'll be switching up the charity I support with the mics from St. Jude's to the Haiti quake relief efforts until May. Then back into St. Jude's afterward.
I forgot that you donate the proceeds to charity. Yet another reason (like we needed more reasons to think) that you rock! Haven't seen you much around lately, hope all is well!
9th March 2010
Old 9th March 2010
Gear addict

these are bitchin on drum oh's

have a pair of metals.

had a little trouble squeezing an acoustic guitar into a rock mix as it wasnt bright enough and a little wide. took eq well etc so worked out well in the end.
11th March 2010
Old 11th March 2010
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelleke View Post
Every time I hear the samples on the forum, I'm completely blown away! I ordered my own pair of wooden's a few weeks ago, can't wait to get them. Meanwhile, I can only agree on what's been said before: Aman, you're a very nice person to do business with.

I will be using these in a live recording of a symphony orchestra with choir. I am still not sure where to put them, but my feelings tend towards the first violins and second violins/viola section. I can't however get rid of the thought how these would sound as main pair, although I think I'll rent a matched pair of DPA 4006s for that. Suggestions are always welcome though!
try them as your back up main pair, i think you'll be pleasantly surprised. I've got a feeling the dpa's will sound better, but you'll feel that the blondies will do in a pinch.
11th March 2010
Old 11th March 2010
Gear addict

4006 vs Blondies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysmgj View Post
try them as your back up main pair, i think you'll be pleasantly surprised. I've got a feeling the dpa's will sound better, but you'll feel that the blondies will do in a pinch.
i just got done with a choir recording, and did exactly this with the metal Blondies. in session, i felt this was true: the 4006s were more open on the top end and more detailed, but not a million years apart either. if i had to do the recording with just the blondies, i wouldn't be in bad shape.

i'm anxious to get into post to better hear the differences. with the client's permission, i'll post some clips

cheers,
-c
13th March 2010
Old 13th March 2010
Gear maniac

Well, I don't have 4006's, in fact, none of my mics go into the thousands. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to checking out the pair of metal housed mics I should be receiving next week from Aman! If they groove for me I will grab a woodie version too!

I have a hair across my butt about banks these days and Aman even accepted a personal check then sent my mics after it cleared. Old school suits me fine, be it payment methods, homemade microphones, or analog gear. Aman was easy to work with and responded to my messages promptly.

Trusting the general consensus of my fellow gearslutz, I sold my AKG C1000S (the only mic in the thousands that I owned, and barely so) to pick up a pair of Aman's little blondies, or "silveries" as the case may be ...

I have never been this excited about microphones and somehow I think they won't let me down. I need 'em for drum overhead/room mics and I think they will work perfectly for me. I also look forward to experimenting with them for virtually any microphone need I have in the future!
18th March 2010
Old 18th March 2010
Gear maniac

Ordered a pair a few days ago. I am excited to try them out!
18th March 2010
Old 18th March 2010
Lives for gear

I recently tried the Little Blondies (wooden) as a main pair for a chamber recital. I was mainly curious as to how they would fair compared to DPA and other heavy hitters. They are a little mellow, but I think the results were good. Here is a link to the Instant Encore performance. Camarada / Reinecke, Schumann, Martinu, Buss, Debussy - InstantEncore

A tiny bit of DPA 4061's were used as spots on the piano.
audiostout
22nd March 2010
Old 22nd March 2010
Gear addict

It's been a while since I posted something cool. Here is my new drum sound with our new drummer(watch out bleen)! Blondies overheads, and snare. I'm such a fan boy.
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 LittleBlondieDrums.mp3 (647.1 KB, 578 views)
25th March 2010
Old 25th March 2010
Gear addict

As soon as I get mine, I'll be posting samples all day!
"Here's one of me playing drums..."
"Harmonica..."
"Kazoo"
"Side of neighbor's house"
"My little cousin's hamster..."

Just kidding about the last two! Anyway, I was curious if anyone has used these mics with the Apogee Duet. I'll be getting the mics first, as a gift from a band I've recorded (several times for free!) here in town and will be saving for the Duet.

Blondies/Woodies + Apogee Duet =

If anyone's used the two together, I'd LOVE to hear some sound bites, especially used as drum OHs with NO OTHER mics.

<3 minimal, guerilla recording

Danke
29th March 2010
Old 29th March 2010
Gear nut

@rubixgroove, there are a bunch of oh clips on pages 6 and 7. but how are you going to be using the duet to record drums? can it be combined with other interfaces to get more i/o's?
29th March 2010
Old 29th March 2010
Gear addict

Anyone come up with any good clips to mount these on stands? I've been kinda using velcro but maybe there is something slicker out there that goes small enough to hold them.
29th March 2010
Old 29th March 2010
Gear addict

29th March 2010
Old 29th March 2010
Gear nut

29th March 2010
Old 29th March 2010
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
That looks very handy! maybe cut a piece of a bicycle tire tube to wrap around the mic first. Add a littel shock resistance and also make sure they don't slide out. Or does this spring clamp clip have some sort of rubber lining?

I just received my pair of blondies last week but haven't had a chance to try them out yet, soon though. I also recommended them to a friend that just got a new drum set for his basement studio. He was very interested after looking at mine and my recommending him to check out some audio samples on here on GS.

Clips are important and I'm getting a new stereo bar with much more adjustment too!
29th March 2010
Old 29th March 2010
Gear maniac

i use those clips and they work great,.... you dont really need any extra padding as they have a thin ( 0.5cm ?) layer of foam on the sides of the clip.

well mine do anyway, and most that i've seen at the local music store also have the foam, but i have seen a few without. a lil' extra padding wouldnt hurt though,... like wrapped in tissues or something.

unless you have someone running up and down the stage ( like i did at a gospel recording ) you wont have much of a problem. but if you do have an active floor, head to your nearest $1 shop and pick up one of those wire pencil pots. run a couple of rubberbands through them and you'll be able to hang the blondies inside.

you could cut a hole in the end of the pencil pot, but since the blondies are so small you dont have to, just let the cable spool in the back and hang out the opening.
29th March 2010
Old 29th March 2010
Gear addict

29th March 2010
Old 29th March 2010
Gear maniac

New Blondies!

My Cherry wood (to match my studio floor) Blondies showed up!!!
Can't wait til 5:00...
audiostout
29th March 2010
Old 29th March 2010
Gear addict

Actually the blondies are so light that you can use that aligator type mic clip and clip down on the xlr from the mic cable. Then you don't have to worry about shock mounts!
29th March 2010
Old 29th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonrichter View Post
Anyone come up with any good clips to mount these on stands? I've been kinda using velcro but maybe there is something slicker out there that goes small enough to hold them.
I use the same clips from senheiser e609
someone posted before a link to sweetwater of a great clips too
30th March 2010
Old 30th March 2010
Gear interested

Talking

Hadn´t heard of this until seeing this post last night. Read thru the whole thing, was very impressed, and now I´ve ordered a pair of the metal ones. Aman is a very nice guy.

I was in need of a pair for OH and other stuff, but didn´t think I would get to buy something this cheap, and still be great quality. Looking forward to trying this out.

- Morten
30th March 2010
Old 30th March 2010
Lives for gear

Guys, and what about clips for the wooden ones?? What are you using??

Thanks
31st March 2010
Old 31st March 2010
Lives for gear

Funny you ask...I just got the wooden ones and used the shock mounts from a 121 to hold it...it did the job, poorly. I'm guessing the type listed above with the adjustable clip would work though.
31st March 2010
Old 31st March 2010
Gear nut

Just ordered two wooden ones. Can't wait. Definitely gonna post samples.

I hope I'm the first person in France to own a pair...

You rock Aman thumbsup
31st March 2010
Old 31st March 2010
Lives for gear

31st March 2010
Old 31st March 2010
Lives for gear

Little blondies kill it. There's absolutely no hash in the mids or highs, tight bottom end (surprisingly big actually) and very detailed. On all sorts of vocalists, it sounds really similar to the AT4050, but fuller and more focussed. I love it. Killer mid for m/s micing too, you can really get the capsules close.
9th April 2010
Old 9th April 2010
Gear Head

Just got done doing some recordings with these little beauties. I have the metal and the wood ones. I must say they really amazed me. I was getting ready for a session for a rock band and needed a really great tone for the guitar and grabbed several mics out of my closet a cast of the usual suspects and the little blondies the wooden ones. It held its own next to a bunch of mics at least 8 times it's price. I got an awesome sound using this little mic and a nice signal chain of an A Designs blue pre, API 550A EQ and a purple audio action compressor. I am going to post a few test rocordings tonight. I am telling you guys this is a nice mic no matter what the situation is it's clean, pristine and as quiet as the room you put it in.
audiostout
10th April 2010
Old 10th April 2010
Gear addict

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search