yamaha n12
tascam dm24
WHICH HAS THE BEST SOUND

i only use outboard equipment no computers

--------------------
jmarkitanis
Old 3rd October 2008
Lives for gear

I use a Panasonic Ramsa DA7. Fairly neutral, pretty good convertors for the time (24 bit while the Yamies were 16 & 20). I do use computers as in a Protools Mix+ system via Adat Bridges to the Ramsa. The Ramsa AD/DA cards for this mixer are apparently pretty good as these cards tend to bring a premium. These boards also held up pretty good over time. More info over at the old DA7 forum (new name):

The Forum - audiotalkback.com
Old 3rd October 2008
Lives for gear
I would add a couple to look into...

Yamaha DM-1000
Yamaha DM-2000
Sony DMX-R100 (discontinued)

I don't know the answer to your questions, but the DM line seems to be a step up from the O line for Yamaha.
Old 3rd October 2008
Lives for gear

dm24 sounds good. lots of routing options. i have some samples if u wana hear!!
Old 11th October 2008
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Arrow have you considered ?

have you considered ?

behringer ddx3216, to me sounds incredible for the money. but some have power supply issues, that maybe can be corrected with a really nice voltage regulator and ac line noise filter. or balanced ac transformers or AC regenerator.
they crash sometimes, if you make some settings in the menu.
the wordclock sounds nice to me, and the DACs have a nice up-front sound but a bit harsh. sh sh sh.

behringer EQ & comp algorithms sounds similar to kjaerhusaudio golden or SSL plugins.

in the end depends on the sound you are looking for...
older yamaha type1 eq algorithms have a similar sound to some tl audio tube gear, a bit too dark for my taste, and the AD and wordclock of the 01v sounds similar to some tape algorithms.
new 96khz yamaha consoles type 2 algorithms are brighter, but have type1 too, and 96versions 2 have add-ons capabilities.

wordclock affects too much the way converters sound/record.
also the algorithms and the analog circuit design.

another i like its the Roland Vs2480 cd, with the optional efx cards its amzing.
bad wordclock for my taste, but verry nice analog circuit design. not up-front bright like ddx3216, but not harsh.

sony 100, mic-pres to me sound verry revealing, they show the contrast of the good & bad things at same time of each mic, like they enhance mic qualities & flaws.

JUST LET YOUR EAR DECIDE WHATS BEST FOR YOU.... TAKE TIME TO MAKE A/B TESTS, HEAR GEARSHOTOUTS, ETC...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search