Best Sounding Mp3 Player
Burger
13th April 2012
Old 13th April 2012
Gear nut

Best Sounding Mp3 Player

My dear fellow slutz,

I am looking for a cool mp3 player, just for the road.

as is found no thread about this topic, i wanna hear your opinions about mp3 players? is there an alternative to the ipod (which, how i heard hasn't the best OPamp) ? Make these "Headphone Amplifier Docking Stations" sense? what are your experiences with the recent Sony Walkmen (not a typo, its plural )

Would be great to get some suggestions. whats important to me, is format compatibility (wav and/or flac support), sonoric quality and battery life.

Thanks in advance,
Burger
15th April 2012
Old 15th April 2012
Gear nut

cmon guys, everyone bored about good sound?
16th April 2012
Old 16th April 2012
Banned

Please enter the respective thread in the top forum.

For hi-fidelity reasons, let's support MP3 players which play flac and wav files.
20th April 2012
Old 20th April 2012
Gear maniac

When I was looking for an inexpensive mp3 player, I kept stumbling upon great reviews of the Sanza Fuse (and Clip, since they share the same audio guts).
They would often be used by people who also used $300+ mp3 players and apparently very much held their own despite being less than a third of the price.

I've had mine for over three years and it's traveled around the world with me. Very very few glitches and it's looking pretty beat up now, but works like a charm and sounds great (I use it with Fischer Audio Eterna earbuds and AT ATH-M50s). I'd highly recommend it.
And yes, it plays WAVs. Not sure about FLAC.
22nd April 2012
Old 22nd April 2012
Lives for gear

Cowon MP3 players are very good.
23rd April 2012
Old 23rd April 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Musicfan View Post
I'm still totally unsure as to which are the best (or better). And everytime I see the Sansa clip, it specifies that it plays flac, but not wav.
If it plays FLAC there isn't much reason to play WAV. Maybe convenience, but FLAC is free and tag-able...

The Clip+ comes up all the time in regards to portable players.
Here is an interesting article:
NwAvGuy: Sansa Clip+ Measured

Little preface + subjective analysis first, then measurements.
17th May 2012
Old 17th May 2012
Gear nut

Absolutely the best (sounding) mp3 player is getting hard to find because they are not in production anymore. The best (Sound) go's to Zune HD; the reason why is because your music or video files can download as bigger files than say your ipod, causing higher resolution. Again we are not talking storage capacity but they are good on that also. I like Apple too but as far as sound or video go's Zunes are more vivid because more info is able to be downloaded into one single file.
17th May 2012
Old 17th May 2012
17th May 2012
Old 17th May 2012
Sample Junkie

I've used several Cowons, they are pretty darned good. The *top* of the line Creative MP3 players were good *back in the day*, not sure how they sound nowadays.
17th May 2012
Old 17th May 2012
Lives for gear

any ipod can play wav files...you just have to go under preference...its good enough...
17th May 2012
Old 17th May 2012
Lives for gear

Ipod classic 7th generation is a very good mp3 player.
20th May 2012
Old 20th May 2012
Gear maniac

I'm still totally unsure as to which are the best (or better). And everytime I see the Sansa clip, it specifies that it plays flac, but not wav.

My Sansa Fuze definitely plays WAVs and the Internet says the Clip+ does as well, which must be true since the Internet never lies.

I love that it's basically an external drive - drag and drop files to it. No need for proprietary software like iTunes.
20th January 2013
Old 20th January 2013
Gear interested

thanks.....
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search