Calling all synth headz. Roland SH3a
Old 10th December 2003
Lives for gear

Calling all synth headz. Roland SH3a

Maybe the wrong forum but:

I'm trying to find some info on the Roland SH3a. I've been offered one and thought I'd do some research and came across this: http://www.kwikeye.com/synths/sh3a_info.htm

Excuse my cynacism but surely not.... 10, 000! please....... realistically, how much is one worth and are they any good?

Any info would be much appreciated as this is way off my area of expertise.
Old 10th December 2003
Gear addict

10,000 is way too much . . .

There is a SH3 and a SH3a - the SH3 is the more desirable, with 100 or less ever made (I've seen reports from 37 to ~100). Plus, the SH3 is reported to have the rare and stolen moog filter. The subsequent model, the SH3a, is the model that didn't have the moog filter and many more of those were made. Not to mention it was monophonic and had *one* oscillator.

I think that site might have it confused with the SH3 because there isn't any way the SH3a is worth that much. The SH3 however, thats up for debate . . .
Old 11th December 2003
Lives for gear

Thanx Ryan
Old 11th December 2003
Gear addict

The SH3 DOES sound incredible though, as does the SH5 - not complex sounding, just pain fat. Both are suprisingly heavy for Rolands; by far, their meatiest soundign synths. Not at all like Junos or Jupiters. More like an ARP or an Octave Cat....
Old 20th March 2008
Lives for gear

Old 20th March 2008
Gear nut

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search