Am I the only one : Maschine studio connects to a MIDI Keyboard
piggy915
15th January 2014
Old 15th January 2014
Gear nut

Am I the only one : Maschine studio connects to a MIDI Keyboard

Hi,

Bought MS for 2 months and I am okay with using pads for drum programming. However, I don't pretty comfortable with using the pads to play synth line (software synth).

I recently bought Novation UN and hoping it can MIDI in to MS so that I can play the synth line as usual though concept-wise will work.... Let's see.

Am I the only one do this kind of connection ? all I watched the Youtube video clip ... Those users only use the PADs for drumming and synth line making....

Regards!
Piggy915
15th January 2014
Old 15th January 2014
Lives for gear

You can connect all sorts of MIDI inputs to Maschine to control the loaded samples/plugins. I do it all the time. I can confirm it works swell over WiFi, through the MIDI In, Chained through some MIDI Thru's, and over USB. Ditto for the plugin format. I've used hardware melodic sequencers, keyboards, and my iPad as a MIDI input for controlling note information.

The trick to Maschine is to get it to spit out MIDI at a reasonable consistency.
piggy915
15th January 2014
Old 15th January 2014
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzwald View Post
You can connect all sorts of MIDI inputs to Maschine to control the loaded samples/plugins. I do it all the time. I can confirm it works swell over WiFi, through the MIDI In, Chained through some MIDI Thru's, and over USB. Ditto for the plugin format. I've used hardware melodic sequencers, keyboards, and my iPad as a MIDI input for controlling note information.

The trick to Maschine is to get it to spit out MIDI at a reasonable consistency.
May I know what do you mean by "over WiFI"? What device to get that done?

Thanks!
17th January 2014
Old 17th January 2014
Lives for gear

It's for connecting external MIDI devices capable of a network MIDI connection. (i.e. an iPad running Animoog, Nave, iSEM etc.)

On a Mac, you can simply set it up in your Audio/Midi settings.
Wireless MIDI between iPad and Mac - YouTube

On a PC, you'll need RTPMidi.
rtpMIDI | Tobias Erichsen

To connect to Maschine, I set it up using virtual MIDI ports. Namely LoopMIDI by the same guy who does RTP. Works decently, a few hiccups here and there.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search