JX3P Grommets
New Reply
Subscribe
Wavestrike
3rd January 2014
Old 3rd January 2014
Gear interested

JX3P Grommets

Anyone know where I can find the rubber grommets which fit in the JX3P to hold the chrome music stand?

Thanks.
3rd January 2014
Old 3rd January 2014
Lives for gear

You may be able to find something that would work at a hardware store possibly.

otherwise I've seen none.

Yep, spelled it wrong. 13 some odd albums later, whats a guy ta do?
Wavestrike
4th January 2014
Old 4th January 2014
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameal View Post
You may be able to find something that would work at a hardware store possibly.

otherwise I've seen none.
It actually seems to be two parts. There is some white plastic part under the metal and then the rubber piece comes down on that. It is not a hardware store type of piece, but if need be, I might create something out of hardware store parts.
4th January 2014
Old 4th January 2014
Lives for gear

I would ask a JX3P owner, because 9/10 I'm guessing do not even know that the music stand grommets are there, and I can't imagine its a popularly used feature anyway. Hell, I would consider selling you mine except my JX3P is halfway across the country right now.

You might ask someone on eBay that is selling JX3P parts, as they mostly have a semi-assembled JX3P in their shop they could nab them off of for you.

I can't imagine that there is any reason why you'd need to trouble yourself over a hardware store search if you can just pull them off a parts machine.
Wavestrike
4th January 2014
Old 4th January 2014
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by kslight View Post
I would ask a JX3P owner, because 9/10 I'm guessing do not even know that the music stand grommets are there, and I can't imagine its a popularly used feature anyway. Hell, I would consider selling you mine except my JX3P is halfway across the country right now.

You might ask someone on eBay that is selling JX3P parts, as they mostly have a semi-assembled JX3P in their shop they could nab them off of for you.

I can't imagine that there is any reason why you'd need to trouble yourself over a hardware store search if you can just pull them off a parts machine.
It is not that I want to use the music stand. It is the fact that there are two large holes in the JX3P that need to be filled with the rubber sleeves. If you give me yours, you will have two holes where they are now. When I go to sell the JX3P, it will need the OEM parts on it, at least if I were a buyer that is what I would want.
4th January 2014
Old 4th January 2014
Gear maniac

I'm missing one side of mine and am curious to see if you find some... selling it soon, and it looks gorgeous otherwise.
4th January 2014
Old 4th January 2014
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayek View Post
I'm missing one side of mine and am curious to see if you find some... selling it soon, and it looks gorgeous otherwise.
If someone will submit one to me, I will take it over for laser spec and milling and we can 3D print all we want and sell them.
5th January 2014
Old 5th January 2014
Lives for gear

I actually have one too, but it's being stored and i can't look at it.

i can't imagine anyone complaining too much about the missing grommits. you could also plug them with those plastic caps. 90% of the jx3ps i see for sale don't have the music stand, and they still fetch good prices.
5th January 2014
Old 5th January 2014
Lives for gear

If you just want to fill the holes, you should be able to buy something at the McMaster-Carr website. Look for flexible plastic plugs, rigid plastic plugs, grommets, or pull-through plugs (you'll need to trim the pull-through plugs with scissors).

Cables, Power Supplies, Cases and Accessories for Korg Volcas www.kvgear.com
Wavestrike
5th January 2014
Old 5th January 2014
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooftree View Post
If you just want to fill the holes, you should be able to buy something at the McMaster-Carr website. Look for flexible plastic plugs, rigid plastic plugs, grommets, or pull-through plugs (you'll need to trim the pull-through plugs with scissors).
Yo everyone, plugs are available from Syntaur. But I don't want plugs just to fill the holes, I want the OEM look. It is like I am restoring a Camaro and someone tells me there is Bondo I can use instead of an original part. Uhhh, No.
6th January 2014
Old 6th January 2014
Lives for gear

they are hard plastic not rubber - i *THINK* they are the same as used on the alpha junos but without checking (I have a spare juno 2 knocking around but it's late) i can't confirm , but could help broaden your search.

Agreed nobody uses the sheet music stand - but it does look tidier with the black hole inserts present and would improve selling cost.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search