New Reply
Subscribe
teknatronik
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to teknatronik
Dance Music being Stolen!!!

This dude is giving my music without permission... I posted on Facebook to find out I have many associates who have their music being stolen by the same guy n the same site... CHECK YOUR WORK!

http://soundeo.com/search?q=teknatronik

That is a search I did for my name on his site.... If you notice, he is the only one to have any of those songs up.... There is a reason for that!!! They should not be there!
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknatronik View Post
This dude is selling my music without permission.
Welcome to the club, dude.

My tracks have been available for "free download" on dodgy websites for years. I've stopped caring.

I believe in karma more than I do lawyers.

teknatronik
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonvague View Post

My tracks have been available for "free download" on dodgy websites for years. I've stopped caring.

the club blows! lol

He has my whole catalogue
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
Gear maniac

and people wonder why I left the pro music business 14 years ago and now do this as just a hobby. Studios and jingle houses are mostly a thing of the past as a result of music being "free", and top artists today who most people think are making a lot of money actually aren't compared to artists of decades past.
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockreid View Post
and people wonder why I left the pro music business 14 years ago and now do this as just a hobby. Studios and jingle houses are mostly a thing of the past as a result of music being "free", and top artists today who most people think are making a lot of money actually aren't compared to artists of decades past.
And what of centuries past, bar Handel and such royally employed?
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockreid View Post
and people wonder why I left the pro music business 14 years ago
He said dance music mate
msl
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
msl
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Yeah thats pretty ****ing bad alright, they have everything. Not much can be done about the site itself, you can send Google a DMCA notice to not link to them. I suggest also complaining on Facebook that they are copyright infringing and at least get their account there closed. I'm going to do this now also.

michael-lovatt.com
soundcloud
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
Lives for gear

Meh nothing new. Just ignore it...or try and send a DMCA takedown notice and see if they comply.
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
Lives for gear

Try to find personal contact details and send legal threats. They're not hollow... you could sue. Get a lawyer onto him if you're very worried.
teknatronik
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
Lives for gear

I appreciate all the info guys... I guess to some it is not big deal, but it just sucks to see this... My popularity is so low I cannot believe they have my entire song base on a site for free. :(
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
Lives for gear

So how much are you losing due to this ?
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
Lives for gear

Sorry to hear that, ugh. There's a link on the site where you can notify of copyright infringement. I imagine you already saw that and I'm not too knowledgeable of those details or how a sketchy overseas site would address them, if at all. Would be interesting to see what they may say about it if you try to contact them though.
teknatronik
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by riddimshakk View Post
So how much are you losing due to this ?
Hard to say, but I know I don't want those song available or I would put them on my site DigitalCrates.net: The Crate

If you can dl it free, but I have them on Beatport - where would you go to get it? What worries me is my future releases...
teknatronik
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsc View Post
Sorry to hear that, ugh. There's a link on the site where you can notify of copyright infringement. I imagine you already saw that and I'm not too knowledgeable of those details or how a sketchy overseas site would address them, if at all. Would be interesting to see what they may say about it if you try to contact them though.
I posted on their Facebook page along with many other producers who are noticing their music on this site!!! I also reported them... I am sure I cannot do much, but it is not right.
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
Lives for gear

I actually misunderstood. I thought you meant that someone had taken your music and selling it under their own name. But they're simply releasing your music for free. Right?

What is happening to you, unfortunately, happens to practically any release on the internet these days. You can get almost any music for free, somehow. This is part of the major 21st century piracy conundrum and sad to say it's not a new thing.

Most of my friends spend more on lattes in a week than music in a month, or even six months. This is true even for the friends who actually pay for music, let alone people who pirate.

The only solution: Encourage your listeners to purchase rather than find alternate pirated releases. Use your facebook page to alert people to the trouble. Many will abide by your request, and this is truer the smaller-scale you are.

The "other" solution: Generate money in other ways... (eg live gigs, or doing work for commercial stuff).
teknatronik
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxisaxis View Post
I actually misunderstood. I thought you meant that someone had taken your music and selling it under their own name. But they're simply releasing your music for free. Right?

What is happening to you, unfortunately, happens to practically any release on the internet these days. You can get almost any music for free, somehow. This is part of the major 21st century piracy conundrum and sad to say it's not a new thing.

Most of my friends spend more on lattes in a week than music in a month, or even six months. This is true even for the friends who actually pay for music, let alone people who pirate.

The only solution: Encourage your listeners to purchase rather than find alternate pirated releases. Use your facebook page to alert people to the trouble. Many will abide by your request, and this is truer the smaller-scale you are.

The "other" solution: Generate money in other ways... (eg live gigs, or doing work for commercial stuff).
yeh, jus blows its every song I had... I mainly was letting people on here know that may create dance tunes to take a look and see... May not be able to do anything, but now a few more may become aware.. I seen through a post similar to this, but on my FB...
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
Lives for gear

By the way, even if these guys didn't exist, there are applications which exist which allow you to hack beatport, soundcloud, and youtube (and presumably other majors), so that you can download their content for free.

So, there is truly no way around it. Even if you didn't release online, there's no stopping someone uploading your content.
teknatronik
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
Lives for gear

Seems like the dude buys the wav and then immediately puts them up for free... That deff will hurt fresh new releases... My mate that does future jungle had his tune released yesterday and it is up on this site now. :(
teknatronik
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
By the way, even if these guys didn't exist, there are applications which exist which allow you to hack beatport, soundcloud, and youtube (and presumably other majors), so that you can download their content for free.

So, there is truly no way around it. Even if you didn't release online, there's no stopping someone uploading your content.
From my understanding the quality would be affected? basically, your saying they can rip the song? If so, no biggie the quality is low.. if your saying they can enter the databass where the wav files sit? that sucks!
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
Lives for gear

you should feel flattered.
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
From my understanding the quality would be affected? basically, your saying they can rip the song? If so, no biggie the quality is low.. if your saying they can enter the databass where the wav files sit? that sucks!
Well (... hopefully with some self-evidence...) I have not investigated this fully.

The hacks for soundcloud allow you to DL at the same quality that it streams. Which, yes, is lossy, but satisfactory for a kind of mediocre person who prefers not to pay for music they enjoy. Same deal for youtube. Sadly, I guess this accounts for a fair bit of revenue. Many folks would prefer a little lossy quality than forking out a minuscule percentage of their income on itunes. Maybe they're all used to that sound and don't care, when so much is streamed at lower bitrates.

However, it wouldn't surprise me to find that there are widely used hacks for getting lossless versions of music from one source or another, though as I said, I have not looked into it.
teknatronik
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well (... hopefully with some self-evidence...) I have not investigated this fully.

The hacks for soundcloud allow you to DL at the same quality that it streams. Which, yes, is lossy, but satisfactory for a kind of mediocre person who prefers not to pay for music they enjoy. Same deal for youtube. Sadly, I guess this accounts for a fair bit of revenue. Many folks would prefer a little lossy quality than forking out a minuscule percentage of their income on itunes. Maybe they're all used to that sound and don't care, when so much is streamed at lower bitrates.

However, it wouldn't surprise me to find that there are widely used hacks for getting lossless versions of music from one source or another, though as I said, I have not looked into it.
Blows me away that people would prefer a crappier sound. I agree with what you say though and have witnessed it myself in clubs. :( Bummer....

I am not flattered... I would be flattered had he asked me
msl
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
msl
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
I appreciate all the info guys... I guess to some it is not big deal, but it just sucks to see this... My popularity is so low I cannot believe they have my entire song base on a site for free. :(

The issue is not that they have your entire catalog for "free", its not for free. If you read the site they give you 1 free download a day or you can sign up for premium. So they are actually selling your music illegally. This is what gets me… I'm not bothered by p2p and blogs that give it away tbh. But some **** making a profit off of it is another story, that infuriates me.

Quote:
there are applications which exist which allow you to hack beatport, soundcloud, and youtube (and presumably other majors), so that you can download their content for free.

Yes but they just extract the stream, usually at 128k or lower. This site is selling 320 and wav. Big difference.

A lot of my music is up on Zippy at 320k, this doesn't bother me too much, nobody is making money off it including me!
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by msl View Post
Yes but they just extract the stream, usually at 128k or lower. This site is selling 320 and wav. Big difference.
OK, I didn't notice that. Yes, if someone is actively taking money which I am rightfully entitled to then that is unambiguously stealing. Pay a lawyer to send them a letter. You may not break even but will make you feel better
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Quote:
This dude is selling my music without permission.

Really lets just roll over ... is this the right mentality?.. I know the game has tilted towards free music and all but we are talking 3rd parties that are profiting without a cent payed to the artist..

I believe in karma too, but sometimes you need to blow on the wheel ..like call a lawyer, find out to whom the company is registered to and file a police report in his/her state, contact the department for copy law and contact the local press (send them a written report), stir some feathers,.. anything is better that nothing ..

nice tracks btw teknatronik !

on the even uglier side I´ve seen producers rip tracks (like club anthems) and post them under different names and making money of the sales..
msl
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
msl
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
OK, I didn't notice that. Yes, if someone is actively taking money which I am rightfully entitled to then that is unambiguously stealing. Pay a lawyer to send them a letter. You may not break even but will make you feel better

There's not much to be done about the site, except sending a DMCA, but I doubt they'll give a shit. The site is registered in Lahore…

I did however submit a report to Facebook, at least get that shut down, I suggest others do the same. On google there was a cached Facebook post that has been deleted from there page.

"ARTUR RUDENKO OWNS THIS ILLEGAL WEBSITE AND PIRACY OPERATION. HE WILL PAY FOR HIS ACTIONS. LETS ALL GOTO MOSCOW AND **** HIM UP"

https://www.facebook.com/artur.rudenko.pro

Pretty much sums it up. There are quite a few of this sites all located in Russia and China mostly. He's a thieving **** basically.

teknatronik
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
Lives for gear

Damn! I did not notice that! Thanks again... I am bummed, but I guess I will get over it.... Thank you Nugenda
Ged
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
Ged
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Damn! I did not notice that! Thanks again... I am bummed, but I guess I will get over it.... Thank you Nugenda
Hi mate, this happens with every track I release on SC, the only way round it is to 'NOT' release singles , i.e put up the full song n SC for the buggers to rip.
What you do is release an EP or Album but on SC 'ONLY' upload a short clip/preview of the tracks along with a link to purchse from Bandcamp whatever..
teknatronik
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ged View Post
Hi mate, this happens with every track I release on SC, the only way round it is to 'NOT' release singles , i.e put up the full song n SC for the buggers to rip.
What you do is release an EP or Album but on SC 'ONLY' upload a short clip/preview of the tracks along with a link to purchse from Bandcamp whatever..
I clearly need to change my methods. thanks for a direction.
Ged
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
Ged
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
I clearly need to change my methods. thanks for a direction.
No probs, if people like the preview they WILL buy it, trust me ...but yeah it really sucks lol I know the pain you feel
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search