Question for Blofeld Owners
New Reply
Subscribe
conanb
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
Gear addict

Question for Blofeld Owners

So I just bought the SL license and a couple of the soundsets. I downloaded Spectre to use as the midi transfer application but I can't get it to work. I've found a couple of mentions of problems related to using Snow Leopard with the Blofeld and that's what I'm running on my MBP so I wonder is that the issue? Anybody successfully using the Blofeld and installing soundsets and such like on Snow Leopard? Any help appreciated, I really wanna get stuck in to these new sound sets.
Thanks.
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
Lives for gear

did You use USB - AFAIK Spectre only works with the Blofeld USB connection not via other MIDI
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
Gear nut

Use USB connection and remember to go to Audio/MIDI setup and set Blofeld as both "active MIDI input" and "MIDI Output".

Also remember that Spectre is mainly for sample transfer and "Load" button is for sample sets, i.e. *.wpc files.

If you want to load a soundset you will send *.mid MIDI file and this is done with the "Upgrade" button. The reason for this confusing naming is that Blofeld OS is loaded as MIDI file and Spectre wasn't developed with MIDI or SysEx transfer in mind.
conanb
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
Gear addict

Thanks for the help. I will see if I have any success with your suggestions. I am using it with USB, yes. It just doesn't seem to do anything. I will try again this evening. Thanks.
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
Gear addict

EDIT: Just noticed you are on a Mac: can't help with this then.....

You can try Media Player as well, set up to no loop. I loaded all my OS upgrades this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by conanb View Post
Thanks for the help. I will see if I have any success with your suggestions. I am using it with USB, yes. It just doesn't seem to do anything. I will try again this evening. Thanks.
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
Gear addict

Thanks, but I have updated the firmware using the sysex librarian without any problems. It's really loading the soundsets that I'm having trouble with. I just tried again using Spectre but this time using the upgrade button and it seemed to work but I can't find the Multi's anywhere. Any idea how I find them? I transferred the midi files in the Multi folder but I have no idea where they would be hiding. They are not in the regular multi area where I have my own multis saved. Thanks.
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
Gear nut

When you load a multi from a *.mid file, it will not be saved automatically.
Only full sound-bank dumps and "All multi" dump are saved automatically on the Blofeld. When you load a single multi it works just like loading single sound. Blofeld will switch to the loaded setup but you will need to save it manually.

In case of multis:
- switch the Blofeld to multi-mode (Shift + Sound/Multi)
- load the multi setup from *.mid file using "Upgrade" button
- Blofeld should act as a new multi is selected
- save the active multi setup in the preferred slot

Good luck
conanb
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
Gear addict

Man, I owe you a drink. Problem solved with regard to Multis. Thanks so much. How did you find this stuff out by the way? I haven't been able to locate anything in the manual about loading soundsets or multi midi files.
Thanks anyway. Great help.
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
Gear nut

If you got the "Attack" soundset, you already bought me a drink since I made it
Also, there is all the information in the manual for the Attack soundset. I don't know why it is not explained more clearly in the Blofeld manual.
Cheers
conanb
29th December 2013
Old 29th December 2013
Gear addict

Lol. Wow. Dude, it sounds amazing (the Attack soundset is the one I've been loading). I just got the multis working. Lots of fun. Well done, and thanks.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search