What do I need to get this noise sweep??
Old 7th December 2013
Gear nut

What do I need to get this noise sweep??

Hi All, I have been busting my hump to try to get the nose sweeps that I am about to give examples of. I have tried on both Sylenth 1 and Omnishere and I am having no success in making these sweeps weather manually or by Filter Envelope. Therefore I am concluding that these guys are using something I may not have. If anyone can shed some light on this, I would be most appreciative.

Old 7th December 2013
Gear nut

On the Roald Velden track, the sweeps I am really after are in the breakdown section of the track. You will something within the sweep rise up all of a sudden and then echo. I hear this in Lessovs track too, though it sound slightly different but not much. This sounds like it could be some sort of resonant peak but I have not been able to replicate on any program I have in my arsenal.
Old 7th December 2013
Gear Head

bandpass filter or LPF->HPF plus chorus and phaser to taste. Of course you need delay and reverb too..
Old 7th December 2013
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffemu View Post
bandpass filter or LPF->HPF plus chorus and phaser to taste. Of course you need delay and reverb too..
I have gotten the closest in Sylenth one using a Band pass filter. in your reply. Are you meaning a combo of both high and low pass filters? Thank you.
Old 8th December 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalguitarman View Post
Are you meaning a combo of both high and low pass filters? Thank you.
Yeah if you can't get it right with band pass then use high and low pass in serial to give yourself more control. It doesn't have to be part of the synth. I just use ableton filters and make it work.
Old 8th December 2013
Gear nut

Quote:
Yeah if you can't get it right with band pass then use high and low pass in serial to give yourself more control. It doesn't have to be part of the synth. I just use ableton filters and make it work.
Should I post an example of where I have gotten with it? BTW I use Abelton as well. I love the Glue compressor!!
Old 8th December 2013
Gear nut

Old 9th December 2013
Gear Head

it sounds like you got it. Just tweak the filters/reverb/chorus/phaser to get it just right. You can certainly lower the volume or mix it more in your track. Besides that your track sounds really good. If you could mix/master it really well, and maybe get more out of the build-ups, I could imagine hearing it on Above & Beyond's podcast or somewhere like that.
Old 9th December 2013
Gear nut

Quote:
it sounds like you got it. Just tweak the filters/reverb/chorus/phaser to get it just right. You can certainly lower the volume or mix it more in your track. Besides that your track sounds really good. If you could mix/master it really well, and maybe get more out of the build-ups, I could imagine hearing it on Above & Beyond's podcast or somewhere like that.
What do you mean by get more out of the Build ups? I am open to anything that will help me make my tracks better and get me moving towards doing this for at least a part time living though full would be nice.

Also I was also thinking I had the sweep a bit loud in the mix too. I want to do more with the track maybe some added synth parts. I think I got the final master too hot actually and I think the mix will be clearer if I back off the compression and tweak the final eq. I do have the VitoDito template essentials that I need to start digging into to help me get better at final mix and master. I do appreciate your input, Thank you.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search