MS2000 Editor/Librarian OSX 10.8
SRT
14th September 2013
Old 14th September 2013
Gear maniac

MS2000 Editor/Librarian OSX 10.8

Just pulled my MS2000BR out of storage for some vocoding duties and decided to search around the web for an editor or librarian that is compatible with OSX 10.8. The only software I found for an intel-mac crashes every time I run it and my aging sound quest stuff doesn't seem to function properly either. Anyone know of an existing editor/librarian that is compatible?
14th September 2013
Old 14th September 2013
Gear addict

Generic midi editor software for the mac seems to be a bit thin on the ground these days. If you just want to store/retrieve patches, the best solution I've found for the Mac is to just use sysex dumps. Elektron have a free utility called the C6 you can find on their site that's pretty robust - I just organise the files/folders myself.

The other option is to have a Windows VM and run the editor in that. That's how I program my TG77. It's obviously a lot more clunky than having a native app.
SRT
15th September 2013
Old 15th September 2013
Gear maniac

I've used C6 for sysex before, it is a viable solution. I was just hoping for something a bit more product specific but I am not all that surprised to see a lack of software support. On the positive side I am glad I didn't sell the MS2000BR. The vocoder is quite good, it seems like it can do some decent bass and the effects section might be useful for processing audio. C6 it is!
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search