padKONTROL - What's the connection between Knob and Pads?
Old 12th September 2013
Gear interested

padKONTROL - What's the connection between Knob and Pads?

Hi there. I'm using FL, and I recently bought a korg padKONTROL.
I see I can "connect" (trought the Knob Assign button) the knob to some specific pad.

Let says, now I have connected Pad 1-5 to the Knob 1 throught that button, saving it on the scene. Also, I set the knob to work as bld (Pitch Blend), but I can also use it as CC message (.01 is ok).

Now, how can I use it? I mean, Knob 1 and Pad 1-5 now are linked together, so I believe they can made a supply operations for me.

But in fact pressing a pad e tweeting the knob, nothing happens.
You can say: well, link the Knob 1 to a controller inside FL. Yes I can, but so what's the utility of linking (in the padKONTROL) the Knob 1 to the pads?

Quick Manual says: You can decide which pads are affected by the individual knobs, and which ones will ignore them. This is what does not make sense for me What change when they are affected and what when they are not affected? Knob is linked to a knob that doesn't matter with pads (such as cutoff).

Hope the question is clear, and sorry for my nasty english: I'm not a native english :P

Thank you!
Marco
Old 16th September 2013
Gear interested

No one?
Old 16th September 2013
Gear Head

I assigned mine with the editor/librarian. Korg forum has a lot of info on the padkontrol.
Old 16th September 2013
Gear interested

I know how to assigne them, also directly on the controller. But I don't understand the utility of assign a knob to a pad, which will be "ignored" if not assigned.

Korg forum? Nobody reply to me there...
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search