Question about selling A6
gr8ape
28th August 2013
Old 28th August 2013
Lives for gear

Question about selling A6

Hey guys, I have been thinking about selling my andromeda and I had a concern:

one of the notes (G4) has a crappy velocity response, will mostly trigger @ 127 if the key is pressed hard enough (anything over 30ish velocity responds like 100-127)

The mod wheel is slightly buggy : if manually set to the lowest position, it will continuously send out mod wheel midi controller info at 0.

Otherwise never failed a tuning, all knobs and buttons work.

Should I try and get these things fixed locally, or warn people and take off X$ ? How much less $ do you think these issues would impact...
28th August 2013
Old 28th August 2013
Lives for gear

I'd sell it as is and barely budge on the price (maybe $100-200). The demand is greater than the supply and those issues sound easy to fix to me.

Just my 2 cents though.
28th August 2013
Old 28th August 2013
Gear maniac

Did you try a hard reset already?
28th August 2013
Old 28th August 2013
Lives for gear

nothing to do with hard reset. those are both hardware/contact issues, and can be remedied. i had a similar thing wiht my pitch bend at one point. tech fixed it.

id definitely get it fixed and then sell. its better for you, but also fair to prospective buyers. good karma.
29th August 2013
Old 29th August 2013
Lives for gear

Check how much a tech wants first. Might be more worth it to just mention all issues and knock a few hundred bucks off of it.
29th August 2013
Old 29th August 2013
Gear interested

You would be better served to have if repaired and then assess whether you want to sell.

People don't often fancy buying things that have issues and you'll likely compromise in price a large bit more than it would cost to have a tech repair those issues.
29th August 2013
Old 29th August 2013
Lives for gear

A few hundred bucks??? Just sounds like a minor cleanup is needed. I would imagine most techs would charge less than an hour of bench time to do this for you... If you say your A6 has issues you will probably have to come off more, even for a simple inexpensive fix like this.
29th August 2013
Old 29th August 2013
Gear maniac

Yeah, and if you can get this done locally, easily, it makes it more attractive to folks who maybe don't have that ready a tech resource. If the cost of fixing is less than the knock off price estimate, just go ahead.
29th August 2013
Old 29th August 2013
Lives for gear

Yep, I'd get it fixed first. I'm always skeptical if someone is selling something with known issues and saying they're easy to fix. "Hmm, if it's so easy to fix why haven't you done it?" So I wouldn't pay as much since the cost of repairs is unknown.
gr8ape
30th August 2013
Old 30th August 2013
Lives for gear

Cool, gotta get it cleaned up anyways.

In case anyone's interested, hit me up
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search