Login / Register
 
It was my lowly assistants what gone done the piratin', guvnor.
New Reply
Subscribe
horseface
Thread Starter
#1
28th August 2013
Old 28th August 2013
  #1
Lives for gear
 
horseface's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Grimsby Town
Posts: 777

Thread Starter
horseface is offline
It was my lowly assistants what gone done the piratin', guvnor.

__________________
Whinny!

Proud owner of zero Waves plugins.
Quote
1
#2
28th August 2013
Old 28th August 2013
  #2
Gear maniac
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 217

Shell is offline
Quote
1
horseface
Thread Starter
#3
28th August 2013
Old 28th August 2013
  #3
Lives for gear
 
horseface's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Grimsby Town
Posts: 777

Thread Starter
horseface is offline
It was the first site which came up when I googled to see if there was any Aoki response yet. I don't know the worth of any of these sites as I usually don't go out of my way to read them. I only looked for this because I wanted to see what happened because I'm one of those guys who are down on pirates due to spending a lot of my life in software development myself.

But, the fun thing is that it appears he went with the old 'assistant' standby. He didn't use his infinite creativity to build an even better excuse.

I think he still needs his butt kicking because anybody assisting him is ultimately his responsibility.
Quote
1
horseface
Thread Starter
#4
28th August 2013
Old 28th August 2013
  #4
Lives for gear
 
horseface's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Grimsby Town
Posts: 777

Thread Starter
horseface is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by tastyfake View Post
More threads?!
Wasn't five enough?
The threads I looked for had vanished. Either I didn't look hard enough, or they've been deleted for nefarious reasons.
horseface
Thread Starter
#5
28th August 2013
Old 28th August 2013
  #5
Lives for gear
 
horseface's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Grimsby Town
Posts: 777

Thread Starter
horseface is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by tastyfake View Post
More threads?!
Wasn't five enough?

I'll comment on it though. I can think of a dozen producers who have their assistants install pirated shit without buying any of it. A few have even told me that it was the main reason as to why they could afford them in the first place.
Well, if you can't afford something (like assistants) don't have them. Learn to budget better, prioritize and run a business within your means.

Ridiculous.
Quote
1
#6
28th August 2013
Old 28th August 2013
  #6
Lives for gear
 
Synth Buddha's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,235

Synth Buddha is offline
Having heard his music I can't say I'm surprised that his excuse was as dumb as this. "Look, here's a receipt made out to a guy called Jacob. See? That's proof I paid for it!!"
Quote
3
#7
28th August 2013
Old 28th August 2013
  #7
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Brighton UK
Posts: 4,721

offki is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Buddha View Post
Having heard his music I can't say I'm surprised that his excuse was as dumb as this. "Look, here's a receipt made out to a guy called Jacob. See? That's proof I paid for it!!"
I know, pure idiocracy.

Try using that kind of reasoning with the old bill and see what happens.
Quote
1
horseface
Thread Starter
#8
28th August 2013
Old 28th August 2013
  #8
Lives for gear
 
horseface's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Grimsby Town
Posts: 777

Thread Starter
horseface is offline
Maybe Jacob Lee doesn't exist. Maybe Aoki's real name is Jacob Lee? And he chose 'Steve' as his stage name, because, you know, 'Steve' is a cool name. It's short for Steven, you know.
Quote
3
#9
28th August 2013
Old 28th August 2013
  #9
Sound Designer
 
Wildfunk's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Wildfunk.com
Posts: 729

Wildfunk is offline
"After my last laptop purchase, I had asked my road team to help me load in my production software and apparently they didn’t ask Jacob for the authorization code for Sylenth and installed a pirated version."
Quote
1
horseface
Thread Starter
#10
28th August 2013
Old 28th August 2013
  #10
Lives for gear
 
horseface's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Grimsby Town
Posts: 777

Thread Starter
horseface is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfunk View Post
"After my last laptop purchase, I had asked my road team to help me load in my production software and apparently they didn’t ask Jacob for the authorization code for Sylenth and installed a pirated version."
Yeah, Jacob is his 'faithful' assistant. Those other ones are trouble. Always piratin' stuff, apparently.
Quote
3
#11
28th August 2013
Old 28th August 2013
  #11
Lives for gear
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 682

Alekto is offline
What does Steve Aoki actually do? Fabulous beard, though.
#12
28th August 2013
Old 28th August 2013
  #12
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Brighton UK
Posts: 4,721

offki is offline
I think he's some kind of PR guy for Bakeries.
Quote
1
#13
28th August 2013
Old 28th August 2013
  #13
Lives for gear
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 682

Alekto is offline
Well, yes, he throws buns at people while apparently taking part in some sort of DJ show.

His sister is a bit of alright though.
__________________
Hello.
#14
28th August 2013
Old 28th August 2013
  #14
Lives for gear
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,504

newguy1 is offline
LOL have you guys never risen to the level of needing an assistant or secretary at a job? You really that used to doing every single thing yourselves? Because normal people with employees or underlings don't waste their time on tasks that can be done by anyone.

Also just google "dim mak jacob lee" and you'll see he's been around for years, rather than ranting, yet again, about a guy all of you claim to care nothing about.

Here's his receipt. He bought it, clearly, in 2009. So his crew f'd up in installing a crack on a particular laptop. So what? Employees mess up sometimes. End of.

Receipt:
http://steveaoki.com/blog/wp-content...08/receipt.jpg

Sylenth registered to his executive assistant:
http://steveaoki.com/blog/wp-content...8/image002.jpg
Quote
1
#15
28th August 2013
Old 28th August 2013
  #15
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Brighton UK
Posts: 4,721

offki is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy1 View Post
LOL have you guys never risen to the level of needing an assistant or secretary at a job? You really that used to doing every single thing yourselves? Because normal people with teams of employees or underlings don't waste their time on tasks that can be done by anyone.

Also just google "dim mak jacob lee" and you'll see he's been around for years, rather than ranting, yet again, about a guy all of you claim to care nothing about.
Yeah, well, call me a genius but I tend to notice when 'Jacob Lee' reads 'TEAM ARACZDEEE!" on software I'm in the process of using, I know I know, I'm very observant, some people think my IQ might be as high as 82.

You're the only one ranting, everyone else is just having a chuckle.
Quote
5
horseface
Thread Starter
#16
28th August 2013
Old 28th August 2013
  #16
Lives for gear
 
horseface's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Grimsby Town
Posts: 777

Thread Starter
horseface is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy1 View Post
LOL have you guys never risen to the level of needing an assistant or secretary at a job? You really that used to doing every single thing yourselves? Because normal people with teams of employees or underlings don't waste their time on tasks that can be done by anyone.

Also just google "dim mak jacob lee" and you'll see he's been around for years, rather than ranting, yet again, about a guy all of you claim to care nothing about.
In one of my projects, I've got a team of 9 guys working with me. In the past, I caught one guy swiping work from elsewhere and he was fired on the spot. I understand that his behavior was ultimately my responsibility, because that's the way it works. Things were put right immediately and we shipped with everything he had done removed due to not trusting anything he had done previously. It's now made very clear that we pay people to create from scratch, not to 'borrow' from elsewhere.

So, yeah, 'Risen', eh? What lofty heights are you at? You should come over to my mansion one night and we can discuss our car exotic car collections at length over some nice food prepared by one of my servants, or my servant's servants.

#17
28th August 2013
Old 28th August 2013
  #17
Lives for gear
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,504

newguy1 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by horseface View Post
In one of my projects, I've got a team of 9 guys working with me. In the past, I caught one guy swiping work from elsewhere and he was fired on the spot. I understand that his behavior was ultimately my responsibility, because that's the way it works. Things were put right immediately and we shipped with everything he had done removed due to not trusting anything he had done previously. It's now made very clear that we pay people to create from scratch, not to 'borrow' from elsewhere.



Ok so you have real world experience and recognize that employees do mess up and its often outside your power as an employer who needs to delegate rather than micromanage.

Is what you wrote not exactly what he's doing? An employee f'd up, and he's clearing the air and putting things right?
#18
28th August 2013
Old 28th August 2013
  #18
Gear Head
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 56

C0REZ is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy1 View Post
An employee f'd up, and he's clearing the air and putting things right?
or aoki pirated up and just asked an employee for a legal copy
Quote
4
horseface
Thread Starter
#19
28th August 2013
Old 28th August 2013
  #19
Lives for gear
 
horseface's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Grimsby Town
Posts: 777

Thread Starter
horseface is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy1 View Post
Ok so you have real world experience and recognize that employees do mess up and its often outside your power as an employer who needs to delegate rather than micromanage.

Is what you wrote not exactly what he's doing? An employee f'd up, and he's clearing the air and putting things right?
He's saying things like 'caught the mistake' instead of 'caught MY mistake'. The guy isn't taking ANY responsibility and is trying to distance himself from the whole thing.

He needs to grow a pair.
Quote
1
#20
28th August 2013
Old 28th August 2013
  #20
Matrix Modulator
 
asynchro_nous's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Vibration
Posts: 1,927

asynchro_nous is offline
The guy's bloody rich from moment one (dad is owner of the Benihana restaurant chain); I'm sure it was just careless oversight.

Still, personal responsibility and all that....

Ah, first world problems, how captivating they can be
#21
28th August 2013
Old 28th August 2013
  #21
Lives for gear
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,543

gremlin moon is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy1 View Post
Is what you wrote not exactly what he's doing? An employee f'd up, and he's clearing the air and putting things right?
I think he is questioning why his assistant (Jacob Lee) bought Aoki a copy of Sylenth using his own(Lee's) credit card/paypal account. Generally it would have been purchased using SA's own card or a Dim Mak company card. Therefore it looks like
a). Jacob Lee bought Aoki Sylneth as a gift.
or
b.) Jacob Lee had bought a copy for his own personal use and "lent" the receipt to make this situation go away.
Quote
7
horseface
Thread Starter
#22
28th August 2013
Old 28th August 2013
  #22
Lives for gear
 
horseface's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Grimsby Town
Posts: 777

Thread Starter
horseface is offline
Boooo! Thumbs down! You leave Steve Aoki alone! He writes classic music about MY generation and we'll still be proudly blasting it from our Honda Civics in 5 years time as we drive around strip malls on our way to Benihana's! Ur just a hater! Boooo! Thumbs down!
Quote
3
horseface
Thread Starter
#23
28th August 2013
Old 28th August 2013
  #23
Lives for gear
 
horseface's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Grimsby Town
Posts: 777

Thread Starter
horseface is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by gremlin moon View Post
I think he is questioning why his assistant (Jacob Lee) bought Aoki a copy of Sylenth using his own(Lee's) credit card/paypal account. Generally it would have been purchased using SA's own card or a Dim Mak company card. Therefore it looks like
a). Jacob Lee bought Aoki Sylneth as a gift.
or
b.) Jacob Lee had bought a copy for his own personal use and "lent" the receipt to make this situation go away.
Yeah, this is the thing. Was it bought with the company CC, or company CC linked to the Paypal account. That's how it should be.

Seeing as he's such a big shot, the Aoki Corp should just be able to call up, ask for software and licenses and then say 'bill me', like proper corporations do.
Quote
2
#24
28th August 2013
Old 28th August 2013
  #24
Lives for gear
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,504

newguy1 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by gremlin moon View Post
I think he is questioning why his assistant (Jacob Lee) bought Aoki a copy of Sylenth using his own(Lee's) credit card/paypal account. Generally it would have been purchased using SA's own card or a Dim Mak company card. Therefore it looks like
a). Jacob Lee bought Aoki Sylneth as a gift.
or
b.) Jacob Lee had bought a copy for his own personal use and "lent" the receipt to make this situation go away.

That's a lot of conspiratorial speculation, but go down that path if you choose. The way I see it Jacob Lee was his personal assistant in '09. He prob just told him to buy it and that was all the thought put into it. We don't know one iota of how he allocated his funds, so once you cross that line its all speculation.

Makes much more sense to me that an assistant messed up the install.

But I'll leave you guys to it now. I've put in enough of a voice of reason.
#25
28th August 2013
Old 28th August 2013
  #25
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Brighton UK
Posts: 4,721

offki is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy1 View Post
That's a lot of conspiratorial speculation, but go down that path if you choose. The way I see it Jacob Lee was his personal assistant in '09. He prob just told him to buy it and that was all the thought put into it. We don't know one iota of how he allocated his funds, or his financial relationship with his assistant, so once you cross that line its all speculation.

Makes more sense to me that an assistant messed up the install.

But I'll leave you guys to it now. I've put in enough of a voice of reason.
Cut a long story short, he had a cracked version.

Instead of apologizing he shows a receipt from someone else's private paypal.

If he'd come to me I'd have knocked him one up in photoshop with his name on for £20.
Quote
6
#26
28th August 2013
Old 28th August 2013
  #26
Lives for gear
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,504

newguy1 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by offki View Post
Cut a long story short, he had a cracked version.

Instead of apologizing he shows a receipt from someone else's private paypal.
He did apologize, but I know how fond you are of ignoring facts in preference of hating on something: Sylenth Response | Steve Aoki

"So my apologies go out to the good people at Lennar Digital and a big thank you to my fans that caught the mistake which has since been rectified."
horseface
Thread Starter
#27
28th August 2013
Old 28th August 2013
  #27
Lives for gear
 
horseface's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Grimsby Town
Posts: 777

Thread Starter
horseface is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy1 View Post
He did apologize, but I know how fond you are of ignoring facts in preference of hating on something: Sylenth Response | Steve Aoki

"So my apologies go out to the good people at Lennar Digital and a big thank you to my fans that caught the mistake which has since been rectified."
I thought you'd gone. Go away.
horseface
Thread Starter
#28
28th August 2013
Old 28th August 2013
  #28
Lives for gear
 
horseface's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Grimsby Town
Posts: 777

Thread Starter
horseface is offline
I've got a receipt here for when I bought the Chrysler building on PayPal in 1962. Totally legit.
Quote
5
#29
28th August 2013
Old 28th August 2013
  #29
Lives for gear
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,543

gremlin moon is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy1 View Post
We don't know one iota of how he allocated his funds, so once you cross that line its all speculation.
True. Especially things are very informal when starting a new business -- legal/financial stuff is not as important if all you are doing is spending money and not shipping any product. However, I was mentioning how the situation looks from the outside, especially in the context of high-profile warez users getting caught.
#30
28th August 2013
Old 28th August 2013
  #30
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Brighton UK
Posts: 4,721

offki is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy1 View Post
He did apologize, but I know how fond you are of ignoring facts in preference of hating on something: Sylenth Response | Steve Aoki

"So my apologies go out to the good people at Lennar Digital and a big thank you to my fans that caught the mistake which has since been rectified."
Man, you are the one ignoring the blatant fact he was caught redhanded, and just for pointing that out we're 'haters', have a word with yourself.

How would this all go down in court?

He's never going to sleep with you, you do realise that?
Quote
10
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 
 
Topic:
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.