Emax SE additive?
New Reply
Subscribe
mfin
15th August 2013
Old 15th August 2013
Gear nut

Emax SE additive?

My understanding is that the Emax SE has addivitive synth capability. I'm more interested in synths than samplers. Are the additive features deep enough to use it a full fledged synth? I wouldn't be using it as a sampler.
15th August 2013
Old 15th August 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfin View Post
My understanding is that the Emax SE has addivitive synth capability. I'm more interested in synths than samplers. Are the additive features deep enough to use it a full fledged synth? I wouldn't be using it as a sampler.
The architecture of the Emax SE is very much a synthesizer that happens to have samples instead of oscillators. However, the additive capability (which I think you're referring to) is a non-realtime, 'create a new sample' type of operation. The Emax doesn't have additive synthesis built in like a Kawai K5/K5000.
15th August 2013
Old 15th August 2013
Gear nut

trouble with the SE is it takes like 30minutes sometimes to generate the sound! In the end you have generated a tone to use as a sample, it might be easier to just use something else to generate tones to sample into the emax.
15th August 2013
Old 15th August 2013
Lives for gear

Yeah it doesn't seem like it's additive capability is worth it. I've heard it can take a couple hours to generate the sound. You listen to the random sound it comes up with and then if you don't like it you immediately hit the button again to regenerate something else and you're waiting longer. You have to have extreme patience and lots of time on your hands to utilize that feature.

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search