Gearslutz.com

Gearslutz.com (http://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Electronic Music Instruments & Electronic Music Production (http://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-electronic-music-production/)
-   -   Bought a MicroKorg! (http://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-electronic-music-production/860511-bought-microkorg.html)

Sebt1890 11th August 2013 08:56 PM

Bought a MicroKorg!

So I saw the Microkorg in Guitar Center yesterday and I pretty much spent an hour messing with it and decided to buy it.

I watched a few tutorials and have the general idea on how to work out.

The question I have is do you guys recommend any websites that have a list of patches for it?

I found the Microkorg Cookbook, and the Microkorg Patch-A-Week but wanted to see if some of your more experienced Synthesizer Knowledged men had any suggestions to other sites.

-Thanks guys!

systematika 11th August 2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebt1890 (Post 9320706)
So I saw the Microkorg in Guitar Center yesterday and I pretty much spent an hour messing with it and decided to buy it.

I watched a few tutorials and have the general idea on how to work out.

The question I have is do you guys recommend any websites that have a list of patches for it?

I found the Microkorg Cookbook, and the Microkorg Patch-A-Week but wanted to see if some of your more experienced Synthesizer Knowledged men had any suggestions to other sites.

-Thanks guys!

If I was you, I'd get down to patching it. The Microkorg's strength is in the digital wavetables/ringmod/sync/distortion that not a ton of VAs have and are often overlooked, even in the stock korg library.

Sebt1890 11th August 2013 10:18 PM

Yeah that's what I really want to do, I want to take full advantage of it.

From what I've gathered, I can change any of the programs in the banks, and overwrite it with one I've made correct?

And if I want to revert it I can delete it by resetting the configuration according to the manual.

Ged 11th August 2013 11:38 PM

I absolutely love my MK - I use it as my main midicontroller for the softsynths I use but it's sounds are awesome and it can do a superb Moog Bass - just wish my MIDI was tighter

ephemera505 12th August 2013 01:32 PM

Love the MK. Korg just released new patches located somewhere on their site.

Sebt1890 12th August 2013 07:55 PM

Thanks. I went and downloaded and am probably going to update it later.

I like the ones that came with it but I'm sure these updated ones will be more of my taste.

Catabolic 12th August 2013 09:01 PM

I know this is vague but I believe a French musician/band made a large number of presets for it and posted them for download on their site. Might be worth a search if you want more sounds. Can't think of any search terms though, I guess just try Microkorg and preset.

ephemera505 12th August 2013 09:08 PM

Most of the knobs on my Korg ESX1 can control the Microkorg thru Midi which really opens it up.

Ksef1087 12th August 2013 10:55 PM

I have my MicroKorg plugged thru a Kaoss pad.

Creates LOADS of possibilities for cool morphing noises. Love it!