Akai MPK 25 - G key not responding unless pressed hard
New Reply
Subscribe
Daniel_Che
21st July 2013
Old 21st July 2013
Lives for gear

Akai MPK 25 - G key not responding unless pressed hard

Purchased last week MPK-25 Swiss Edition, just after i plugged it into my Mac and tested all the keys I've noticed that G key on the right side of the keyboard does not send note unless I press it hard. This counts for all octaves.

Do I have a faulty unit? Could I fix it myself? Please help.

Best,
Daniel
Soundtracs Solo 24/8/24, RME Fireface 800, Akai MPC 3000, Roland Juno 60, Oberheim SEM Pro, Vermona Mono Lancet, Acidlab Miami, Ibanez AD-202, Dynacord DRS-78, Rode NT1-A, Technics 1210 M3D, Yamaha HS-80, Beyerdynamic DT770-Pro, iConnect Midi, Mac Mini i5, iPad 2
Daniel_Che
22nd July 2013
Old 22nd July 2013
Lives for gear

anyone?
23rd August 2013
Old 23rd August 2013
Gear interested

Possible fix

24th August 2013
Old 24th August 2013
Gear addict

Send a message via AIM to djloekee27 Send a message via Yahoo to djloekee27
Quote:
Originally Posted by blutuu View Post
Hey I was looking for a fix as I have the same problem. I found this video and it seems promising. I haven't tried it yet, but I figured it's a start.

How to repair a midi keyboard (Edirol PCR-80) - YouTube
You can take it to a music shop and get it fixed. It cost my Virus 30,000 won ($30) to fix a key with the same problem. It took him 30 minutes to fix my keyboard. And I sold an Axiom 25 for 10,000 or 20,000 won ($10 or $20) because it had two keys that didn't work. I told the buyer where they could go to get it fix and that I was going to throw it away if nobody wanted to buy it (it was given to me for free.) I let her talk me down in price because she wasn't sure how much repairs would cost.

If repairs are too much, just buy a new one. Most shops will charge you $30 to $40 just to check it out and see if they can fix it. The $30 or $40 gets credited to the repair costs and if you decide not to get it fixed then it pays for their labor.
24th August 2013
Old 24th August 2013
Gear interested

I just tried what the video suggested and it worked like a charm. It wasn't hard to do at all either. It all depends on if you're afraid to open things or not. That's no problem for me so I went for it. If you aren't worried about opening it up, give this a shot as it will save you money.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search