Mod Wheel Set Up (Mopho Key)
New Reply
Subscribe
Superfuz
20th July 2013
Old 20th July 2013
Gear interested

Mod Wheel Set Up (Mopho Key)

Hi, i've been happy in the past with my digital synths (cos i cba to go through the interface) just to tweak the presets a bit and use the sounds provided. Now i've bought myself a mopho keyboard i want to start programming my own patches.

Where i've hit the wall is applying effects to the mod wheel. What i want is when the mod wheel is turned up it increses the amount of whatever lfo i decide on to increase. However whatever I seem to do whenever i turn the modwheel nothing happens.

I'm sure its cake to apply effects to the modwheel (once you know what ur doing) but trial and error has got me on the verge of smashing my synth over my head, so would appreciate any help

Cheers
20th July 2013
Old 20th July 2013
Gear addict

Look at p. 27 of the manual; this will get you started. There are four steps:

1. Under Modulation, select "Misc Mod."

2. Using the first knob on your right, set source to "Mod Wheel"

3. Using the second knob, set destination to...whatever you want. There's a list on p. 33, but you mentioned "LFO 1 amt" so let's start there. (I'm assuming LFO 1, but pick whichever one you're using.)

4. Using the third knob, set the amount to modulate by. Notice that the values here can range from -127 to +127, for parameters that accept negative values (like filter envelope amount).

Once you've done it a couple times, it's easy. Test and tweak to taste, especially the amount. Note that whatever number you've set here (positive or negative) will be added to the value that parameter already has. For example, let's say that you have already set LFO 1 Amount to 30. If your Mod Wheel Amount is 30, it will add up to 30 more, depending on where you set the wheel. So if the wheel is turned all the way up, your actual LFO 1 Amount will be 60 (30 + 30). If you want the mod wheel to decrease the value, enter a negative value.

Can the Mod Wheel affect only one parameter? No! If you select "Modulators" instead of "Misc Mod," you can set "Mod Wheel" as a source in up to 4 additional modulation slots.

This is a very powerful beastie.
20th July 2013
Old 20th July 2013
Gear interested

Cheers man
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search