Bought mks50 off ebay and of course...
New Reply
Subscribe
vexkon
14th July 2013
Old 14th July 2013
Gear nut

Bought mks50 off ebay and of course...

Seller had 250ish feedback and I'm trying to replace my juno2, hate to use evilbay but got desperate and now I received a poorly packed mks50 with a "check battery" display which when turned on again just spits out weird characters and does not respond to midi.

So i know the batteries are PITA to replace so I need to return this. But the seller has already wasted my time, so I need to waste more time and money sending it back now? My question is should I demand that the seller pay return shipping? A refund will be given for the original amount but this is still so !!

Any advice? Once in a while I sell things but I packed very well...
14th July 2013
Old 14th July 2013
Gear addict

I did ask a seller to pay for reshipping lately. We agreed on making it 50/50 as it was understandable why he didn´t recognize the fault. Also it was not packed well, moved quite a bit in the box.

On the other hand it´s still a deal between private persons. You cant expect everything to be handled like your ordering from Thomann or something.
vexkon
14th July 2013
Old 14th July 2013
Gear nut

so annoying. Could make threats to give neg feedback but to what end? He could give me the same. lose lose... oh well.
14th July 2013
Old 14th July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexkon View Post
so annoying. Could make threats to give neg feedback but to what end? He could give me the same. lose lose... oh well.
As a seller you cannot give a buyer negative feedback. You can only report them or leave positive.
vexkon
23rd July 2013
Old 23rd July 2013
Gear nut

Would you send your return back to a P.O. Box address??
23rd July 2013
Old 23rd July 2013
Gear maniac

Did you get a decent price?

Changing the battery is easy if you have any soldering experience, or a fairly cheap fix. Might be worth rolling w/ it, and asking for a $20-40 credit. Maybe call a local tech for a quote, send the seller a pic, and suggest that?

If you can DIY its prob $5.
23rd July 2013
Old 23rd July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexkon View Post
So i know the batteries are PITA to replace so I need to return this. But the seller has already wasted my time, .
It is possible the seller thought the battery was ok.
If he's had the MKS 50 switched on everyday for a few years with an old battery in, it would have been fine when he tested but dead after a few days of not being on.

It's a cheap thing to fix, which you would have to do anyway, no matter where you buy the MKS from. Batteries don't last forever. When repjacing them it's good to know you have a few years of use before you need to start worrying about loosing presests ,etc.
vexkon
23rd July 2013
Old 23rd July 2013
Gear nut

I'm not suggesting that the seller did it on purpose, it was more the packaging that I'm displeased with. I could probably fix the battery but don't want to touch it if I'm sending it back. I'm also worried about possible other damages from the shipping.
24th July 2013
Old 24th July 2013
Gear maniac

It's built like a tank, did you play it? Can you change patches? Can you adjust with the editor?

Just seems silly to waste $20 of the sellers money he spent on shipping, both of your time, etc for a $5 fix.

If you paid top dollar, sure, send it back, but if you got a good deal, it may be worth being a bit more reasonable about. A dying battery is common in a synth this age, an easy fix, and not some horrible scumbag move.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search