New Reply
Subscribe
Gustavmose
1st July 2013
Old 1st July 2013
Gear interested

Country/folk House

Hello, I'm gonna try to be quick here

As many of you have probably noticed, the famous producer Avicii has "recently" released two tracks

"Hey Brother", and "Wake me up".

Both of these tracks are most likely progressive house, but also bears a few Hello, I'm gonna try to be quick here

As many of you have probably noticed, the famous producer Avicii has "recently" released two tracks

"Hey Brother", and "Wake me up".

Both of these tracks are most likely progressive house, but also bears a few characteristics of Country Music.

Really liking the songs, especially "Wake me up", I'm been trying to make my own "Country House" melody, song, beat, whatever you'd call it

Yet, one key thing I miss is the vocals. Therefore, I'd like to ask if anyone of you would know a country song, or just any song that has the same kinda feel to it as "Wake me up", and "Hey Brother". Then I'd try to borrow the vocals, and call it a remix, should I finish it

If anyone knew a song that I could attempt with (preferably uplifting xP), that would be great thank you.

Also, if anyone has some tips, on how Avicii made the beat, you know the characteristics of Country Music.

Really liking the songs, especially "Wake me up", I'm been trying to make my own "Country House" melody, song, beat, whatever you'd call it

Yet, one key thing I miss is the vocals. Therefore, I'd like to ask if anyone of you would know a country song, or just any song that has the same kinda feel to it as "Wake me up", and "Hey Brother". Then I'd try to borrow the vocals, and call it a remix, should I finish it

If anyone knew a song that I could attempt with (preferably uplifting xP), that would be great thank you.

Also, if anyone has some tips, knew some characteristics of these two songs, or knew some key elements on the genre, that would be great, thank you in advance

(Edit): I forgot to mention that I've recently found out that Avicii prefer to call it, or say that it is in fact folk music. This might open up some other ideas/songs.

Last edited by Gustavmose; 1st July 2013 at 02:34 PM.. Reason: Mistake in Genre
1st July 2013
Old 1st July 2013
Lives for gear

Red Nex from Sweden:
Rednex - Official site for No.1 pop band Rednex | Home
Rednex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
According to Wikipedia, this group is literally for sale for 1.5 million dollars.

Go to the So Much Music forum of GS and ask how to arrange a demo singer from Nashville (and provide examples of what you want to imitate). There are demo singers who are known for being able to sing in a certain style and are used by songwriters who want to sell songs to a specific artist.
Gustavmose
1st July 2013
Old 1st July 2013
Gear interested

Thank you a lot for the reply! I'm not sure that I'm taking this little project seriously enough, or have enough experience, to arrange it with a singer, but I'll definetely check the songs out you linked, and thanks for the helpful answer, again.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search