Nord Lead 4 Reslease/New Demos

26th June 2013
Old 26th June 2013
Lives for gear

Hokut
26th June 2013
Old 26th June 2013
Gear maniac

yes, listened to the demos on iPad with earphones and so far I like this VA sound.
26th June 2013
Old 26th June 2013
Lives for gear

just noticed the addition of formant wavetable . should be capable of some interesting dub-step sounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by djugel View Post
The knob on the Source is perhaps the ballsiest knob ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimpyLoo View Post
My gearection has gone from 'Fairchild' to 'Behringer'...
Quote:
Originally Posted by apprenticemart2 View Post
I like the sample packs with booby girls on the front cover or sound engineers lookin' 'ard as fur.
26th June 2013
Old 26th June 2013
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

i'd love one. not sure i'll be able to splurge on it but i really like some of the demos i've heard. i have a NL2X that i love though
26th June 2013
Old 26th June 2013
Gear addict

Demos sound great IMO. Very jazz oriented but some creative and very unique sounds there.
26th June 2013
Old 26th June 2013
Lives for gear

26th June 2013
Old 26th June 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlights View Post
Not better than the Prophet 12
I wish I had the $$$ and space for both.
ECM
26th June 2013
Old 26th June 2013
ECM
Gear addict

26th June 2013
Old 26th June 2013
Lives for gear

Yeah I heard those, but I don't think it can do anything my Virus can't do. The Prophet 12 offers something totally different to the Virus.
27th June 2013
Old 27th June 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah I heard those, but I don't think it can do anything my Virus can't do. The Prophet 12 offers something totally different to the Virus.
So does the NL4. The Nords have a unique sound character. Differ from Virus.
27th June 2013
Old 27th June 2013
Gear maniac

Just love those sounds!

27th June 2013
Old 27th June 2013
Lives for gear

So what would you use a P12 for, and what would you use the NL4 for? What type of music?
msl
27th June 2013
Old 27th June 2013
msl
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Certainly sounds nice alright, don't have that kinda cash though... :(
27th June 2013
Old 27th June 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
So what would you use a P12 for, and what would you use the NL4 for? What type of music?
There is no such thing, just use whatever you want, to create whatever you like. Synths are not bound to any specific genre or style. Feel freeeeee with your synths, and experiment a LOT

27th June 2013
Old 27th June 2013
Gear Guru

I like very much what I'm hearing.
27th June 2013
Old 27th June 2013
Lives for gear

I'm not gonna lie, I kind if want one of those too. I might have to double dip in my bank account. Only thing is, I know something will be sitting in the dust while the other is getting used. Boy I tell ya, problems of a GearSlut....
27th June 2013
Old 27th June 2013
Lives for gear

Here is a comparison chart between NL2X and NL4 :

I'm very excited to add the NL4 (Desktop Model) when it becomes available.

The NL4 is another great sounding Synth from Clavia

Love what I hear so far
27th June 2013
Old 27th June 2013
Lives for gear

I do like the sound of this synth. I'm trying to figure what would compliment my Virus better, P12 or NL4??? I already have 2Moog Slim Phatties and a Tempest for analog ground. When will this be available? I'm tired of Musicians Friend pushing the date back for my P12. I can still cancel my order and switch to this NL4...
27th June 2013
Old 27th June 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziksculp View Post
Here is a comparison chart between NL2X and NL4 :

I'm very excited to add the NL4 (Desktop Model) when it becomes available.

The NL4 is another great sounding Synth from Clavia

Love what I hear so far
Wow 128 wavetables!?!? I'm a huge fan of wavetables, I'm starting to think that I'm hooked!
27th June 2013
Old 27th June 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
I do like the sound of this synth. I'm trying to figure what would compliment my Virus better, P12 or NL4??? I already have 2Moog Slim Phatties and a Tempest for analog ground. When will this be available? I'm tired of Musicians Friend pushing the date back for my P12. I can still cancel my order and switch to this NL4...
It boils down to your personal taste.

For example, I decided to go with the NL4, although I could have chosen the P12, but sadly, the P12 just did not jell with my sonic taste.

The NL4 offers a healthy dose of synthesis power, great analog-like timbre, four independent midi parts, each with its own independent effects. The P12 offers only two parts. The new NL4 filters, ARPs, Sync options, ...etc. (See chart above) make it quite a powerful VA synth. imho. it sounds much more analog like, and very warm (which I like) compared to the P12, which sounds less analog, and more harsh (Digital) to my ears.

As far as availability of the NL4, (in the U.S.A., maybe earlier in the UK and EU) , I think the keyboard version will be out first sometime this FALL. , and the NL4 (Desktop) even later on.

It is a bit of a bummer that I will have to wait for quite a while for the NL4 (Desktop), which I'm surely getting. But.. I think it is well worth the wait. I already have the NL2X (Desktop) and love it ! The NL4 (Desktop) will offer more NL power to my studio setup.

My advice/recommendation is to re-examine your choice (carefully). Both NL4 and P12 are great synths, but are quite different from a sonic, and feature perspective.

Well... I can even make it simpler for you, If you like RED Synths go with the Nord Lead 4. You can't go wrong with the NL4

Cheers,
Muziksculp

27th June 2013
Old 27th June 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Not better than the Prophet 12
Quote:
Quote:
I kind if want one of those too. I might have to double dip in my bank account.
Quote:
I do like the sound of this synth.
Quote:
I'm tired of Musicians Friend pushing the date back for my P12. I can still cancel my order and switch to this NL4...
27th June 2013
Old 27th June 2013
Gear interested

Very jazz oriented but some creative and very unique sounds there.
27th June 2013
Old 27th June 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:

For example, I decided to go with the NL4, although I could have chosen the P12, but sadly, the P12 just did not jell with my sonic taste.

The NL4 offers a healthy dose of synthesis power, great analog-like timbre, four independent midi parts, each with its own independent effects. The P12 offers only two parts. The new NL4 filters, ARPs, Sync options, ...etc. (See chart above) make it quite a powerful VA synth. imho. it sounds much more analog like, and very warm (which I like) compared to the P12, which sounds less analog, and more harsh (Digital) to my ears.

As far as availability of the NL4, (in the U.S.A., maybe earlier in the UK and EU) , I think the keyboard version will be out first sometime this FALL. , and the NL4 (Desktop) even later on.

It is a bit of a bummer that I will have to wait for quite a while for the NL4 (Desktop), which I'm surely getting. But.. I think it is well worth the wait. I already have the NL2X (Desktop) and love it ! The NL4 (Desktop) will offer more NL power to my studio setup.

My advice/recommendation is to re-examine your choice (carefully). Both NL4 and P12 are great synths, but are quite different from a sonic, and feature perspective.

Well... I can even make it simpler for you, If you like RED Synths go with the Nord Lead 4. You can't go wrong with the NL4

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Well that's a while from now, I guess I could get both. I'll continue to wait for P12, then when the Nord becomes available, I'll snatch that up too! I didn't think it would've been this good.
27th June 2013
Old 27th June 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Wow 128 wavetables!?!? I'm a huge fan of wavetables, I'm starting to think that I'm hooked!
YUP !

128 tasty wavetables to keep you very busy experimenting
27th June 2013
Old 27th June 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahush76 View Post
This has nothing to do with Solaris, so why are you even here?? Shouldn't you be learning your new synth??
Hokut
27th June 2013
Old 27th June 2013
Gear maniac

An the SonicState press release it says

Pricing and Availability:

The Nord Lead 4 is available now priced at £1549 RRP inc VAT.

The Nord Lead 4R, a tabletop/rack version, will be available from September 2013 priced at £1349 RRP inc VAT.

interested in the Desktop/Rack version but wow... at least two months away.

I like the Prophet 12 but still want to hear more audio demos about it (no shops nearby) but to be honest I would love to have the Prophet 12 and the Lead 4R as they may complement each other well then smooth things out with a Moog.
messiaen
27th June 2013
Old 27th June 2013
messiaen

Quote:

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Its really interesting how people hear things differently, you say of the Nord Lead 4 ' it sounds much more analog like, and very warm (which I like) compared to the P12, which sounds less analog, and more harsh (Digital) to my ears. ' whereas I hear the exact opposite! Neither of us is right or wrong, I guess ears and brains interpret sounds differently.

Both are great new synths, and along with the handfull of new mono synths like ms20, subphatty, novation bass station 2, mfb, etc we are truly spolied with sonic choices..... just need a fat bank balance!!!
27th June 2013
Old 27th June 2013
Lives for gear

That's my little dilemma. I listen to demos on YouTube, and play along with my Virus. I know it isn't all the way accurate, but it seems like my Virus compliments the P12 more than the NL4. It seems like the NL4 and the Virus together sound really digital, but when I play along with a demo of the P12, I love the two together. I feel the P12 sounds much fuller and meshes well with the mellow, smooth sound of the Virus, rather than the NL4. IMO
ECM
27th June 2013
Old 27th June 2013
ECM
Gear addict

Quote:
It's not the most unique of synths if you wanna go really crazy with it, can get allot more out of other synths in terms of uniqueness. But it has its own taste and if you like what it produces it will work well for whoever that is.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search