MIDI issue with Casio PX-350 Piano and Roland A-49 Master Keyboard
Nexus.6
26th June 2013
Old 26th June 2013
Gear interested

MIDI issue with Casio PX-350 Piano and Roland A-49 Master Keyboard

Hello,

I am playing with PX-350 from Casio for some monthes and I am fully satisfied.

During some business trips, I can't bring my PX-350 to practice so I am investigating a portable solution including a laptop and a small A-49 Master Keyboard from Roland.

My first experience was to connect the Master keyboard to the Casio Piano (no Laptop involved)

When I press a key on the Roland, I get a note on the Casio. But the duration of the note is often shorten even if the key is kept pressed. This is not linked to the speed of the action nor the key pressed.

If I press a key (and if at that time, the sound is not interrupted), when I turn one of the control button of the Roland Master Keyboard (or play with D-Beam), the sound is cut on the Casio Piano. Any other control on the Roland gives the same result...

I changed the key velocity, key curve, midi channel, the aftertouch info sent... nothing obvious is changed...

I entered in the very few parameters accesible on the Casio panel interface. Nothing changed. So far, I didn't test to cut the local control (the Casio Keyboard)

The Roland is powered through a USB cable connected to the Casio. The Roland controls the Casio using a midi cable.

Any known issue like this that may help?

Best regards

Laurent (from France)
Nexus.6
27th June 2013
Old 27th June 2013
Gear interested

No idea?
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search