echofix.com anyone ordered from them?
New Reply
Subscribe
Digital-Haven
23rd June 2013
Old 23rd June 2013
Gear nut

echofix.com anyone ordered from them?

I might be getting a 201. Was curious if anyone ordered their "fix" kit for 201?

Does it fix most of the basic issues?
23rd June 2013
Old 23rd June 2013

I have ordered their 501 kit. All fine.

Last edited by Don Solaris; 24th June 2013 at 08:20 AM.. Reason: issue solved
23rd June 2013
Old 23rd June 2013
Gear addict

I have ordered from them successfully, however it was only tape and felts
23rd June 2013
Old 23rd June 2013
Gear maniac

My experience with them was fine, I ordered felts tension arms and a reverb chamber. Experience was smooth and no problems

• J P 8 • J P 6 • J P 4 • J P 8 K • S H 5 • S H 1 0 1 • P R O P H E T 1 0 • P R O O N E • O B 8 •
• M E M O R Y M O O G • M I N I M O O G • M U L T I M O O G • M S 2 0 M I N I • A R P O D Y S S E Y 2800 & 2813 • K O R G 7 7 0 • O C T A V E C A T • E M L S Y N K E Y •
• C H R O M A P O L A R I S • C R U M A R P E R F O R M E R • Y A M A H A C S 1 5 • C S 4 0 • C S 5 0 • M I N I B R U T E • R E 5 0 1 • R E 2 0 1 x2•
• E T C •
24th June 2013
Old 24th June 2013
Lives for gear

I ordered some stuff for my 101 from them. Fast shipping and good communication. This was this year or late last year. I wouldn't mess around finding parts for your re anywhere else. Risky. For instance I was rebuilding my motor and found a top bearing of correct dimensions though a remote control helicopter company. Installed it and got a ton of warble. Wasn't right for the re101. Took hours to pinpoint the problem as i had made several other adjustments. You do not want to take apart that motor more than you need to either.

Should have gotten it from echo repair straight away. They have the right parts that may save you time and follow up diagnostic issues after completion. Tape echoes have enough issues as it is after all.

Jeez I sound like I work for them... I don't.

Anyway, if there is another company that specializes in tape echo parts it might be worth looking into as shipping from Australia is not cheap and neither are echofix's parts, but in my experience, it's not worth it to try to source parts independently though companies unrelated to tape echos or tape machines (electronic components like capacitors aside).

Regarding whether the fix kit will fix the 201 you are considering,it depends on which of the many potential problems it is suffering from.
24th June 2013
Old 24th June 2013
Lives for gear

I got some tape from them, but have not needed to replace the one my 201 came with yet. I have had no reason to get anything else from them, but Don Solaris' issue is the first negative I have heard about echofix. I did some research and they have a great reputation as far as I can tell.
I know of another 201 that's in great shape here in the States a shop near me.
PM me for details.
Ibanez Artcore A85 JazzBox, Ibanez SZR720BB, 1989 Gibson Les Paul Standard, 1981 Gibson ES-335, 1986 Fender JapStrat.
Effects:
Roland RE-201 Space Echo, MXR Carbon Copy Delay, MXR Analog Stereo Chorus, Digitech RP-1000 MFX
Amps: Fender HR Deluxe 112, Peavey KB100
Recording:
Zoom HD16 Hardware Recorder, Cubase 5, Yamaha HS50m Monitors
24th June 2013
Old 24th June 2013
Gear addict

I bought my 555 off coolcolj and had echofix.com look at it, as the mechanics were a little squeeky and it also needed conversion to 240v. The dude from echofix met me in the city center and picked the unit from me, and then dropped it back to me at my place of work when he was done. The unit was marvelously restored. He also threw in some spare tape loops. I was well impressed.
24th June 2013
Old 24th June 2013
Gear interested

Hi Don, I am sorry for the late reply to you and we will ship you the correct bearing tomorrow morning. I have also mentioned in the email some things that can remedy the issue you are having with your unit as well.

Also thanks to everyone for the positive reviews as we are passionate about these units and want to see them restored and working well into the future.

Thanks Shane
24th June 2013
Old 24th June 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echofix View Post
Hi Don, I am sorry for the late reply to you and we will ship you the correct bearing tomorrow morning. I have also mentioned in the email some things that can remedy the issue you are having with your unit as well.

Also thanks to everyone for the positive reviews as we are passionate about these units and want to see them restored and working well into the future.

Thanks Shane
One of the reasons I put up with all the bollocks on GS!
Happy endings!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search