I Need Help Connecting My Prophet 08 Module!
Godspeed
22nd June 2013
Old 22nd June 2013
Gear maniac

I Need Help Connecting My Prophet 08 Module!

Hello, All.

I finally received my Prophet 08 module. I am having trouble recording its' sound in Ableton.

My setup:

Midi (keys)
Prophet 08.
Mbox Interface
Ableton

As for right now, I have a midi cable going from 'midi in' on the P08 to the 'midi out' on my keys. Then, the keys have a USB cable that runs from my keys to the computer usb.

The speakers are connected via cables going from my 'main output' on my P08, which go to the 'input' on my interface. Another two chords run from the outputs of my interface into the back of my speakers.

For some reason, Ableton is getting a response, and I'm able to record using an audio track, but when I play it back, it only plays on the right side, which is contrary to when I'm actually playing it (I'm able to hear it in both speakers.

Tl;dr:

Prophet -> -> computer

Able to record in Ableton using an audio track, but when it plays back, i can only hear it coming out of one speaker. I also want to be able us use a midi track so i can edit my keys, while utilizing the sounds on my prophet, but I have no idea how to get that going.

Any help is really appreciated!
Godspeed
22nd June 2013
Old 22nd June 2013
Gear maniac

The only thing I have thought of is to duplicate the tracks, and use utility to swap which speaker it's going to, so that it goes to both speakers. The seams really ghetto, and I know there's gotta be a way to record it and play it back the exact same way.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search