Login / Register

Need to add knobs to my midi controller- is this product right for me?
New Reply
Subscribe
Lune
22nd June 2013
Old 22nd June 2013
Lives for gear

Need to add knobs to my midi controller- is this product right for me?

I am playing lots of soft synths (Razor, etc) on my Kurz 2500 as a midi controller, but I am needing more knobs (at least 24). I looked at other midi controllers but even they do not have enough knobs plus I like the key feel and after touch on the Kurz so I was thinking of just adding the knobs.

I don't want something real expensive (over $300).

So I went online and found the Behringer BCR2000 - seems to fit the bill but I want to be sure.

1. looks from the manual like I can hook up my MIDI out cable from the kurz to the Behringer BCR2000 and then another MIDI out from the controller to my Focusrite Scarlett (currently the kurz MIDI cable goes directly in the focusrite). This means I could play the keys on the kurz and then adjust Razor's knobs with the Behringer BCR2000 - is this correct?

2. would the kurz aftertouch still transmit through the Behringer BCR2000?

3. Am I missing another product that is cheaper or much better and not too much more expensive? (I can get the Behringer BCR2000 for $150)

thanks
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search