Looping devices with foot controller option
New Reply
Subscribe
dennisjr
21st June 2013
Old 21st June 2013
Gear Head

Looping devices with foot controller option

I just purchased the Korg Wavedrum Global Edition and found out I need a looping device so I can use it playing loops together with my drumkit.
I will also use it to record vocals and synths etc.

I was really interested in the Boss rc-300, but found out about the rc-505.
The problem with the rc-505 (love the faders and 5 channels), as far as I understand, is that you can not arm a sample track for recording with the a midicontroller as for instance Behringer's
FC 1010. You have to go through the menu. I also got a Kaoss Pad 3, but it is not possible to record samples through midi.

For me it is important that I have a looper that I can arm and record with without using my hands at all.

Does anyone know about a solution for this?
21st June 2013
Old 21st June 2013
Lives for gear

Most looper pedals are made for hands-free recording. Just stomp on a pedal to record and stomp again to stop recording. You can usually set them up to record in either of two ways: 1) arm it so it will begin recording the moment you start playing, 2) recording begins immediately when you step on the pedal.

The Boss RC-20XL and Digitech Jamman Stereo both function this way. I'd assume that all other Boss floor looper pedals do the same. Have you checked to see if Boss offers a recording trigger footswitch for their new desktop looper?

Cables, Power Supplies, Cases and Accessories for Korg Volcas www.kvgear.com
dennisjr
21st June 2013
Old 21st June 2013
Gear Head

Thank you for the tips.
I know about those controller and they are of course great options.

It seems like the RC-505 is more up my alley.
But I can not use it without a fully working foot controller.

Just sent a mail to the Boss support regarding RC-505 and foot controllers.
24th June 2013
Old 24th June 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisjr View Post
Thank you for the tips.
I know about those controller and they are of course great options.

It seems like the RC-505 is more up my alley.
But I can not use it without a fully working foot controller.

Just sent a mail to the Boss support regarding RC-505 and foot controllers.
You can download the manual for the RC-505 from the Roland US site. I was interested in this product also so I have been taking a look at it. Like many Roland manuals it kind of sucks. Reading the manual, it looks like you have the choice of using an expression pedal or 2 foot switches for an assignable control. This seems weird since there are 5 real time loopable tracks yet only up to 2 foot switch controls. I don't get this and I don't understand why there wasn't a separate set of jacks for a control pedal and up to 5 foot switches.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search