Kontakt/Battery Sample Management?
New Reply
Subscribe
Funkfish
11th May 2013
Old 11th May 2013
Gear nut

Kontakt/Battery Sample Management?

Kontakt and Battery keep misplacing my samples!

I'm a Logic user and originally started using EXS24 for the majority of my sampling needs. However recently I've switched to Kontakt and Battery as they're much better suited for what I'm trying to do.

However when using my own sounds Kontakt and Battery typically misplace my samples. I will admit that in an effort to keep my computer clean and organized I move folders around a bit and that's what is causing the problem.

In Logic when I was using EXS24 all my samples would save to the project folder when I "save as project" or in Ableton when doing a "Collect All and Save"

Obviously with Kontakt & Battery being 3rd party plugs it wont be this easy but is there an work around for this? Because it seems every time I open a session with an NI sampler in it its always missing something.

Any help is much appreciated!
11th May 2013
Old 11th May 2013
Lives for gear

Yes, don't ever move your folders with samples. Have just one place for all of them and that's it, otherwise all your projects will come up with samples missing dialog and you will have to find them all over again.
11th May 2013
Old 11th May 2013
Gear nut

U can easily "save as" inside any of NY product. If you didn't then it might be a problem.
Funkfish
11th May 2013
Old 11th May 2013
Gear nut

That seems to be a horrible solution. What about if I revisit a project years later? What if I get a new drive?

Its not possible to save the kit and place it inside your project folder?
11th May 2013
Old 11th May 2013
Lives for gear

You can save the patch as a monolith then have it in your project folder. However this is not possible if you're using Kontakt Player libraries. They really need to be in one place and never move from there.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search