selling stuff? asking the experienced peeps HERE in EMIEMP
New Reply
Subscribe
wwjd
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
Lives for gear

selling stuff? asking the experienced peeps HERE in EMIEMP

I'd like to sell some stuff here in the GS classifieds... could you guys post up the BEST method of doing this? I don't want to go ebay because I'd be new with no "rep" or whatever and no one would buy anything. And I'd rather sell to THIS crowd that might want some of it.

so, being a newb, what is the process? And is PALPAY the very best way to handle transactions for all involved?

I should:
1. read the classifieds FAQ info and follow it to the letter
2. post my ads in the classifieds section
3. make a post here labled SPAM: FS or like that?
4. ship promptly very well packaged and insured

other tips or advice? I'm all ears.
I want this gear to go to someone who would enjoy it, rather than collecting dust in my closet.

All advice appreciated
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
Lives for gear

Take good, clear, focused pictures against a plain/flat background.
Upload to photobucket.
Make photobukcet library private.
Embed images into your post.
wwjd
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
Lives for gear

I will defintely do that. I have a nice camera and now how to use it. Of course, I plan to detail out ANY nicks, dings it has, and explain any issues, last I checked there were no issues at all.
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Please include the following info

If the battery has been replaced

Any dead keys or malfunctioning keys

Smoke free pet free?

LCD good or fading?

Any problems?

Any scratchy outputs or pots?

Any jumpy sliders?

Any voice chip problems if applies?
wwjd
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
Lives for gear

excellent feedback. I will do all of that
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to sammytaters Send a message via MSN to sammytaters
Detail and photos command higher prices.
Grand descriptions, where you embellish how awesome something is, also increases the final sale price. Kind of like infomercials. Works every time.
Use newlifeauctions calculator for ebay.
Be aware of how much shipping & fees can cost so you can pass it all onto the buyer. This is why everything on ebay is expensive and it's just the way it is.
Paypal is unfortunately the fastest and safest way.
Don't insure unless the buyer paid for it. Collecting that money is not worth the time. You will have more money in your pocket if you don't insure. Stuff broken in shipping is not the end of the world and you can force them to send the item back if they really want their cash back.
Don't ship keyboards. Sell them locally. Couriers can barely lift them and they don't give a crap if they drop it. Be cautious about stuff over 25 lb. maybe you want to sell it local.
Use signature confirmation for high priced items. You wouldn't believe how many buyers lie, so this just insures that they got it.
Buy shipping online! The people at the cash register will jack up the price and add things you don't want if you aren't aware of it. In my area they aren't the friendliest either. So I avoid the shipping centers. It costs gas to go there too. I ship from my house. USPS has priority boxes which offer a better deal.

With all the nonsense of ebay, I do give GS members the better price by a lot because its more affordable just to use paypal alone. Also if you aren't honest about your items you will get harassed. You might get harassed if the buyer didn't read the description as well.
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
Lives for gear

I'm very honest and have zero interest in getting a bad rep or pissing anyone off. More great info thanks!!
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
Lives for gear

If you do ship the item, try to ship to/from a commercial business (day jobs for you and the buyer). This is what I do and I've never had a problem. We have the exact same human being from UPS arrive at my day job several times per week. There's no way he's going to drop or kick any of our boxes. The same should hold true at the delivery end.

Of course, there are still the gorillas in the middle of the delivery system. But if you can at least control two of the interactions with the package, the chances of damage area greatly diminished.

Cables, Power Supplies, Cases and Accessories for Korg Volcas www.kvgear.com
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search