New Reply
Subscribe
Gooseman321
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
Gear interested

Roland SPD-SX, Reason & Ableton Live

Hi Everybody,

I'm trying to put together a live show with my MIDI samples and backing tracks triggered via sampler by the drummer.

I compose in MIDI with Reason.

I was told the Roland SPD-SX was a good solution for this with Ableton Live so I purchased both. I'm using a Macbook Pro. I've been able to transfer some samples but the Reason Format is a different kind of .wav file so the Roland won't import them via the wave manager software.

Does anyone have a suggestion on what the best solution would be to transfer or convert my Reason samples into Ableton or the the SPD-SX? Or is it possible to use the Roland as a controller with Reason? (I'm assuming not).

I'm hoping there is a way to do this just using the reason midi and not have to import my samples as audio into pro tools and then back out. That's the only solution I can think of.

Thank you in advance for any help or advice.

Cheers,

Gooseman
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
Lives for gear

not sure if this an electronic music question but anyhow.

try this first, see if you can find if reason has a feature to freeze into a sample inside say NNXT. then when you save that patch with samples you might get cleaner wav formats. other than that you would have to load some app or another. so might as well be protools. but I find audacity imports most kinds of nonsense files. load a bunch of them in to separate tracks, and you can just store them up by saving the project. then you can output them all by selecting them all and running the output tracks as individual files. something like that

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search