antwoneb
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
Gear addict

TC Helicon Voicelive plugin equivalent

29th March 2013
Old 29th March 2013
Gear addict

I was kind of curious about this too, as I would quite like to be able to do vocal effects in a similar vein to The Knife, Ellen Alien and Imogen Heap.

It does appear that there just isn't a plugin that tries to be a straight-up alternative to those TC Helicon and Digitech units. Harmony 4 appears to have been discontinued even.

So I think people just combine different pitch and FX plugins, because it's more versatile. Maybe try things like Ircam Trax and Soundtoys Crystallizer together?
antwoneb
30th March 2013
Old 30th March 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FubarSnafu View Post
I was kind of curious about this too, as I would quite like to be able to do vocal effects in a similar vein to The Knife, Ellen Alien and Imogen Heap.

It does appear that there just isn't a plugin that tries to be a straight-up alternative to those TC Helicon and Digitech units. Harmony 4 appears to have been discontinued even.

So I think people just combine different pitch and FX plugins, because it's more versatile. Maybe try things like Ircam Trax and Soundtoys Crystallizer together?
Never heard about IRCAM TRAX, but I'll check it out thanks....
I don't know about Soundtoys Crystallizer but all the plugins that seem to be what I'm looking for (Antares Harmony, Eventide H3000 plugin and so on...) are quite pricey and requires iLok

I'm trying with the factory plugs in Logic and Ableton....but they're not yet what I really need
30th March 2013
Old 30th March 2013
Gear addict

I don't think Melodyne needs an ilok or Pace usb key. Is the $99 stripped down version too limited for your needs?

Also, Melda and Loomer do reasonably priced pitch and harmonizing tools also. Maybe try Valhalla Ubermod too, though I'm not sure if it has any settings for creating chord based harmonies.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search