Subscribe
kloopy
24th March 2013
Old 24th March 2013
Gear interested

Send a message via Skype™ to kloopy
CC for channel mute for QY700

Hi all,
I am trying for the first time ever to configure a controller (Korg Microkontrol) to send control change messages from its pads to mute and unmute individual channels on my QY700.
Can anyone point me in the right direction to what message should be used?
I can't see tree out of the woods
Any other advice or experience to share when configuring something like this?
The midi manual for reference is at Yamaha Audio QY700 user manual - Owner's Manual
Thanks!
24th March 2013
Old 24th March 2013
Gear addict

I have used the QY700 extensively and to me it appears that you can only control it via it's front panel and everything you give it through the MIDI IN can be recorded and will be used either to drive the internal sound engine and/or the MIDI out corresponding to the selected track depending how you have set up your song. The only thing is that you can use an external clock source to sync it.

That's my experience.

If some QY700 ninja found out a way to do it, please let me know it as it would be the perfect thing for me too. But I'm afraid it's not going to work. Also it's a pity you can't control cool stuff like note durations in an arpeggio like sequence so you get a note drag if they start to overlap when driving a monophonic synth patch.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search