New Reply
Subscribe
system100m
14th March 2013
Old 14th March 2013
Gear nut

Moog Voyager known issues

Hi all !

I am considering buying a used Voyager (Electric Blue edition). I wonder what the known issues on these models are... what should I look for ?

A friend has told me most Voyager develop issues with their digital boards, sooner or later.

Any info about this ? thanks !
14th March 2013
Old 14th March 2013
Lives for gear

I've owned my Voyager since they first came out in 2003 and I have never heard of issues with the digital board.
14th March 2013
Old 14th March 2013
Gear nut

The really early back-lit Voyagers had a high-pitched whine that could be heard, the solution was to just turn the light down. They solved that with a new version; I also understand that light could burn out after several years. Some people have reported problems with the trackpad, but that seems to be pretty rare and easily fixed or worked around (I rarely use the trackpad myself). I have a 2003 Performer (no backlight) and it has worked fine since I have owned it.
15th March 2013
Old 15th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real MC View Post
I've owned my Voyager since they first came out in 2003 and I have never heard of issues with the digital board.
I bought my Anniversary Edition in 2004 and I have never had a problem with it or the digital board. I heard that some later models had problems but I think most of them got the digital board replaced for free.

Regards
Demokid
AndromedaA6,Casio CZ1,Elka Synthex(midi),Korg MS20/MS50,Minimoog ModelD(midi),Voyager AE,Prophet5 v3.31,ProOne,Prophet08 AE,Jupiter-8(midi),TeeBee MK3,Synthesizers.com Studio66,Yamaha CS30,Ensoniq SQ80
Drums
Roland DDR30,R8m,DrumStationII
Efx
Eventide H3000D/SE,Lexicon 200,Dynacord DPR20X,KlarkTeknik DN780,Symetrix 606,DeltaLab ADM1024,Korg SDD2000,Roland RE301,TKAudio DP1,Mu-Tron-II,MXR Phrase100,Sony MU-R201
Other
http://soundcloud.com/demokid
http://youtube.com/demokid2000
15th March 2013
Old 15th March 2013
Lives for gear

there have been a number of improvements / upgrades on the voyager hardware throughout the years, check the serial numbers to verify what's on board:
Voyager Upgrades | Moog Music Inc

btw note that the hardware upgrades are charged and need to be done by moog at moog..
15th March 2013
Old 15th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanax View Post
btw note that the hardware upgrades are charged and need to be done by moog at moog..
...or can be done by the repairers for most authorised Moog dealers if you're outside the US.

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search